Once again, it’s been a good year from April 29th 2016 to April 29th 2017. This year I’ve done hundreds of things. I dove deeper into TED and TEDx, two wonderous universes to discover. I’ve been very involved with Toastmasters, too. I also worked a lot, but that’s what it takes, I guess. I met amazing people (again), but if I have to define the past year for something, it’s been the year of travelling. I traveled a lot (like beyond belief a lot): twice to America, Luxembourg, Italy, France, Greece, Germany, also a lot within Spain… This is, more or less, the summary:
1. I started my 43rd with (post TEDx) hangover.
2. I quit smoking.
3. My nephew Leo was born.
4. I went to another Bruce Springsteen gig.
5. I travelled to Luxembourg.
6. I became Area Director of Toastmasters.
7. I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my high school prom and we had a great time.
8. I also caught up with some fellows and re-established some friendships.
9. I have a picture of Jesús Quintana dressed as a sailor. And you don’t.
10. I received a visit from friends from the UK, who were in.
11. I travelled to America again.
12. I had a short and nice visit at the airport in Toronto’s stopover.
13. I went to the Rocky Mountains.
14. I attended a TED event for the first time.
15. I met amazing people, including Loic Lemeur, who I had been following forever on social media.
16. I went to Boise and visited JTG.
17. I spent a lot of time with Paul and Amie. Love you guys!
18. I cheered through another 4th of July parade.
19. I photographed THE barn of Grand Teton. Yes, that barn.
20. I went to Yellowstone National Park.
21. I visited a country and farmers’ supply store in Helena, MT.
22. I saw glaciers in Jasper National Park (back in Canada.)
23. I saw black bears.
24. I was in Calgary during the Stampede.
25. I got another tattoo. I already know it’s not my last tattoo.
26. I travelled to France and Italy with my family. Back in Florence, and Venice, and Avignon. So nice.
27. I travelled to Athens for the first Toastmasters’ DECM of the term.
28. I collaborated with a TV show for a couple of months.
29. I gave talks at the city council’s Urban Commerce event, a collaborative event at the Chamber of Commerce, an Ignite event… and I’m preparing a Pint of Science talk too!
30. I travelled to Boston (second trip to America of the year) to experience TEDxBeaconStreet. I loved the New England fall. Gotta get back.
31. I participated in a TEDx Spain and Andorra organizer’s gathering in Madrid.
32. I’m listening to LP and Maitre Gims too much. Nothing serious, no worries. I have tickets to see Chris Isaak and John Fogarty in a couple of months.
33. I organized another TEDxVitoriaGasteiz, being the host and curator. I’m still under that feeling you get when it all ends.
34. I am teaching communications in the Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Degree program of the Basque Culinary Center at the University of Mondragon. I love teaching.
35. I’ve made an audience do the Mexican wave.
36. I already know that I will visit Milano and Athens, as the next Toastmaster Conferences are going to be held there. Yay!
37. I’m planning a trip to Winterthur, close to Zurich in Switzerland.
38. I achieved Advanced Communicator Silver. Hey, DTM, here I come!
39. For the second year, I am co-director of a summer course at the University of the Basque Country about effective communication.
40. I am also a returning teacher in the Master’s Degree Social Media Alava.
41. I have been nominated for Division Director (Spain West.)
42. I am planning another trip to another TED conference.
43. This time, in Tanzania…
44. I am happy. And I’m making the most of it.