What is Vocal.media?
Vocal is being promoted on platforms like Instagram as the new place for creators to come together to make great work. Chances are that you have seen their ads, which are always happy to tell writers that Vocal is the perfect website for a person to get paid for their written content. Since Vocal is growing in prominence and starting to promote writers who are making full-time money working on the site, a lot of people are curious about just how worth it this creative platform actually is. In this article, we will talk about Vocal and what it has to offer writers.
Vocal defines itself as a platform for supporting, discovering, and rewarding creators. On Vocal, creatives of all types come together to share their experiences in various different areas. When you visit this website, you will immediately see its collection of communities, which allow you to explore written content produced by people in different industries.
This site is able to provide visitors with a space to explore their interests with prominent figures in the community. When you create an account, you will immediately be given access to a platform that allows you to explore smartly-written articles across various niches. More importantly, you can add your very own content to the site. Each account comes equipped with a page that allows you to post your own written content on any kind of topic.
At its core, Vocal is a collection of engaging content across a wide range of topics. Whether you are looking to catch up on new beauty tips or want to explore terrifying horror stories, Vocal has a place for it. It is a space where creatives of all kinds can be vocal. On this website, you can always find someone who shares your interests. If you don’t see a topic that you’re looking for, you can even take the time to post your own content and start growing your own community.
Posting is not a requirement on Vocal, but it does make it possible for you to make money. Since Vocal prides itself on collecting high-end engaging content from all manner of creatives, they are happy to pay writers who perform well on their website. Depending on how much attention your posts get, you can start making money on Vocal almost immediately if you do well. Not only is it a platform that allows creators to share their work, but it is also a platform that allows creators to get paid for it.
The Pros and Cons of Using Vocal
Though it is easy to see why Vocal is gathering so much attention in the online world, the reality is that it is not entirely without faults. Like any good website, Vocal offers some pretty hefty perks and a few drawbacks, which makes it a personal decision regarding whether or not you want to make an account. Pretty much anyone can benefit from scrolling through the content on the site, but if you want to be a creator, there are a few things to consider.
- Free — One of the best perks of Vocal is that it is completely free to make an account. Anyone can join Vocal and begin exploring. Even better, you can create a free account and start posting today.
- New and Exciting — If there is one reason to sign up for Vocal, it is the fact that it is a new website that is getting a lot of attention. A lot of people wish that they had accounts with sites when they first originated. Right now, you can be one of the original Vocal community members.
- Incredible Content — Even if you don’t want to post on Vocal, the fact is that it has a collection of amazing content. There are plenty of wonderfully written articles on there that will entertain, delight, and inspire. If you want to join a community of creatives, Vocal is perfect.
- You Can Make Money Writing — Vocal advertises itself as a way for creators to fund their work. If you get enough views, Vocal will pay you out for the attention that your posts get. You can also accept tips from your audience directly.
- Can Be Difficult To Make Money — Though Vocal does give creators the option to make money, it only pays out $3.80 per 1000 views. However, if you sign up for Vocal+, it is possible to make $6.00 per 1000 views instead. Most find that this is a lot of views for very little payout.
- Crowded Space — Vocal is being advertised everywhere, which has many different people rushing to it for its promises to pay writers. Overall, the space is filled with a lot of content. This makes it easy for yours to get buried.
Why Vocal Might Be A Good Fit For You
Many writers are looking for a good place to find their audience. Vocal brings together talented creators in a joint space and makes them easy to locate by niche. This means that you can post the kind of content that you want to write and find an audience for it. It is a great space to share your work and does offer the chance for you to make money. If you are interested in consistently producing content for a specific audience, Vocal will probably be a great fit for you. Though you might not make full-time money, many creatives have found success on this website.
Every year new platforms like this pop-up and Vocal is one of many. This site brings together creators, content, interested audience members, and the chance to be paid for your work. Since it is a free site, there is no harm in trying it out and giving Vocal a chance to work for you. Before you get started, take some time to explore the existing communities and see what kind of content is proving to be successful. It can help you to get inspired so that you are ready to make the most out of your page and start making money!
Thanks for reading this article! Leave a comment below if you have any questions, and if you want to learn more about blogging, content marketing, and social media strategy, be sure to sign up for the Blogging Guide Newsletter!
Learn How to Make Money Writing Online | Medium · Substack · Amazon KDP · Social Media Marketing · SEO · Building a…
If you liked this article, here are some other articles you may enjoy:
The Best Platforms to Build Your Personal Brand
Build a personal brand on social media and other online platforms
Casey Botticello is a partner at Black Edge Consulting. Black Edge Consulting is a strategic communications firm, specializing in online reputation management, digital marketing, and crisis management. Prior to founding Black Edge Consulting, he worked for BGR Group, a bipartisan lobbying and strategic communications firm.
Casey is the founder of the Cryptocurrency Alliance, a Super PAC dedicated to cryptocurrency and blockchain advocacy. He is a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania, where he received his B.A. in Urban Studies.