How To Beat The Instagram Algorithm
Get More Attention, Increase Engagement, Drive Results.
I often get asked how to beat Instagrams algorithm by my clients. My answer is that there are strategies that work better than others, but the best advice I can give is that you need to create engaging content and get attention for that content.
Building a following on Instagram takes time and you need to engage with your audience to build a relationship. There are a lot of players on Instagram and the best way to get results is by building a community.
How you build your strategy on Instagram is different than how you would on other platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn. Each social media platform is different from the other and has it’s own flavour and advantages.
3 Keys To Higher Engagement:
- Interests: Instagrams algorithm will show users content that is similar to other content they already engage with. The only way to win here is to develop engaging videos and visuals and use compelling copy and hashtags to get more attention and increase engagement.
- New Posts: Instagram will show users the newest content first when they first open the app. What this means for brands and businesses is that you need to post your content when your audience is most likely to be on Instagram. Use your analytics to determine the best time to post.
- Relationships: Instagram will show users more content from the people and brands they engage with most often. The only way you can get more attention is to create awesome content people want to consume.
How To Develop A Strategy To Beat The Algorithm:
- Know your audience: The only way you can create the type of content you need for the right social media platforms is to know your audience. You need to create the type of content your audience will engage with to get the results you are looking for on Instagram.
- Encourage your audience: If you are producing content your followers enjoy; take the opportunity to encourage them to share your content with their followers and friends. This will allow you to get in-front of new audiences and gives you instant credibility with them.
- Connect with micro influencers: Take the opportunity to network and connect with other people who would have an audience that could be interested in what you are sharing. Micro influencers are easier to connect with, cost effective and typically have audiences with high engagement rates.
- Engage and connect: Interact with your followers. Respond to their questions and comments and observe what your audience needs or wants. The best way to nurture your community is to listen and give them what they want.
- Use a call-to-action: Whenever you create content and distribute it on social media, you should use a call-to-action. You already have their attention and you need to encourage your audience to take action. This is your opportunity to drive traffic.
- Hashtags: Develop a hashtag strategy specific to Instagram. Discover trending hashtags and create ones specific to your brand. Try not to fall into the trap of using the same hashtag strategy you would use on other social media platforms.
- Boost your posts: You can get more attention for your posts by boosting them using paid ad strategies. Use your analytics and boost your most engaged posts to new audiences. You can also boost new posts to people who already engage with your Instagram profile to increase engagement.
The only sure way to beat the algorithm is to create content that engages your audience. Learn more about your followers and develop a content strategy that provides tremendous value and a reason to consume your content on a regular basis. Start creating and producing more of the content your followers enjoy and watch your engagement and number of followers grow.
If your would like to learn more about how you can increase attention for your brand or business contact me here.