(Closed) Head of audience development
The Times and The Sunday Times are looking for a head of audience development to lead our efforts in social, search, newsletters and reader engagement with the goal of growing our UK and international digital audiences.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of forming a strategy to both grow and engage audiences as well as communicating such a plan across a large and complicated business.
She or he will have an in-depth knowledge of what other publishers are doing to reach more people digitally and how they are growing revenue through subscriptions.
They will also be able to lead strategic projects with stakeholders from product, editorial and commercial with a goal of getting our journalism read more widely and our readers coming back more often and for longer. She or he should be comfortable extrapolating insight from data and able to select and track KPIs across the team.
- The ability to build strong relationships and manage stakeholders across the business
- Goal-oriented — to be clear on what you are trying to achieve and how you will achieve it
- The ability to use data to inform day-to-day decision-making in the newsroom
- Clear and effective communication skills, both in person and electronically
- Ability to empathise with other people, including your colleagues and readers
This job is for you if
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines
- You have an interest in the role that news and information play in people’s lives
- You want to help to build a sustainable paid-for news product
- You revel in challenging the norm and changing the culture
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Deadline for applications is April 26
About the digital team
The Times and The Sunday Times represent a combined 400 years of covering news and providing comment and analysis in the UK and the world.
We are authoritative, credible, responsible, trusted and a part of the nation’s cultural heritage
This role will join our cross-title digital strategy team which includes data journalists, newsroom developers, multimedia journalists, interactive news producers and audience development experts. These teams are charged with finding and telling stories on our digital platforms in the most appropriate formats and empowering the newsroom to present stories in new and innovative ways.
You can discover more about the benefits of working at TNL (beyond joining a great team!) here. You’ll find more info on everything from Gym memberships to volunteering opportunities.