(Closed) Multimedia Producer
To deliver high-quality videos for The Times and The Sunday Times smartphone, web and tablet editions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an insatiable appetite for news and an understanding of The Times & Sunday Times audiences — present and future — and what information they want from their news stories. You will need to be able to engage our readers with thoughtful and imaginative visual treatment of the issues of the moment.
You will use interviews, third party footage, text, music and expert audio analysis from our award-winning journalists to help to explain the day’s key news stories. You should be as comfortable editing one-minute news pieces as you are editing five-minute undercover features.
The role requires excellent knowledge of Premiere Pro, a journalistic qualification or experience and excellent writing skills. A working knowledge of After Effects would be helpful. Experience of coaching and training people would be a distinct advantage. There will be some opportunities to go on location, but the role will be mainly office-based, therefore there is no camera or DSLR knowledge required. The job requires flexible working hours.
- The ability to build strong relationships and manage stakeholders across two newsrooms
- Edit pacy, visual, interesting news video, sometimes under great time pressure ensuring that all text displayed on screen is accurate, spelt correctly and in keeping with the Style Guide
- Work on longer-term edits and productions that are unique and differentiated from the competition
- Write scripts for voiceover projects, including fact-checking and writing in the correct tone for both titles
- Support print journalists to deliver multimedia content by coaching them through voiceovers and teaching them how to use mobile phones to shoot video
- Understand the objectives of both titles and provide advice to deliver high standard multimedia productions
This job is for you if
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- You embrace change and are always looking to learn
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Deadline for applications is April 19
About the digital team
The Times and The Sunday Times represent a combined 400 years of covering news and providing comment and analysis on the UK and the world.
We are authoritative, credible, responsible, trusted and a part of the nation’s cultural heritage.
This role will join our cross-title digital strategy team which includes data journalists, newsroom developers, multimedia journalists, interactive news producers and audience development experts. These teams are charged with finding and telling stories on our digital platforms in the most appropriate formats and empowering the newsroom to present stories in new and innovative ways.
You can discover more about the benefits of working at TNL (beyond joining a great team!) here. You’ll find more info on everything from Gym memberships to volunteering opportunities.