The Weekly Authority #24
We Scour the web to give you the Latest, Proven Content Marketing and Social Media Strategies to grow your business with the Weekly Authority.
Sharpen your content marketing skills by checking out these 10 ‘must-read’ posts. They reveal some powerful strategies and insights that could take your content marketing efforts (and results) to the next level.
Do you know what good on-page content looks like? Are you setting the right content priorities? If you’re waffling on saying yes to either of these questions, here’s what you need to know to start creating ‘truly customer-focused on-page experiences” that can yield a great ROI.
How to maintain content marketing focus in long-running SEO programs via Derek Edmond — @sengineland
How well do your content & SEO teams work together? If communication is lacking, production and motivation can be falling short. Here are some effective tactics for closing the content & SEO gap to ensure your team is delivering the best possible results.
9 Mistakes You Might Be Making With Your Content Marketing Strategy via @NeilPatel — @cmicontent
Content marketing can be highly effective if you’re doing it right. To avoid some of the most common pitfalls that can sabotage your efforts, check out these content marketing mistakes and helpful tips for avoiding them.
What Is B2B Content Marketing in 2016? via @BillSchick — @meshagency
Are you familiar with modern content marketing best practices? If not, check out this valuable resource. It can help you craft a dynamic, powerful content marketing plan.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
9 Social Media Marketing Trends That Could Make or Break Your Business in 2017 via @leeodden — @toprank
Do you know what’s next in the ever-evolving world of social media marketing? Here’s a look at some of the latest social media trends that industry experts predict to see in the coming year.
5 Things To Do Before Your Startup Launches A Social Media Marketing Campaign via @ajalumnify — @forbes
If you want your startup’s new social media marketing campaign to be a success (and not overspend or waste your resources in the process), check out this guide to “what you have to do before you launch your next campaign.”
8 SEO and Social Media Trends You Need to Know About via @JaysonDemers — Entrepreneur Magazine
If it’s been some time since you’ve revisited and updated your SEO and/or social media marketing strategies, now’s the time to do so — and here are the most important trends to be aware of so you make the right updates.
How To Promote Your Blog And Make It Viral [Infographic] via @irfanahmad1989 — @socialmedia2day
Do you want your quality blog content to get noticed and shared online? If so, promotion is key. Here are some effective tips for driving more traffic to your blogs and positioning them to go viral.
10 ways to increase your social media engagement like never before via @JordanKasteler — @marketingland
Rise above the noise on social media and engage with your audience better using these pro tips.
The Digital Marketing Resources Edition: Free Podcasts that Can Enhance Your Digital Marketing Knowledge & Skills (Part 2)
Continuing our multipart series on free resources for building and refining your digital marketing skills, this week I’m going to turn to free Podcasts.
The beauty of Podcasts is that they can be accessed and listened to from nearly anywhere — including during down times when you wouldn’t necessarily be working (or times when you can multitask). For instance, it can be great to listen to digital marketing Podcasts while you exercise, make your daily commute or are waiting (anywhere).
Whenever you’re ready to dive into some of the best free Podcasts on digital marketing, here’s where I recommend getting started:
- SuperFastBusiness (SFB) — Founded by James Schramko, this Podcast (and blog) “is a business resource to help you, the online business owner, get plenty more profit while working a lot less.” Via the SFB Podcast, James shares tips and advice on how to generate more traffic, convert more sales, avoid common pitfalls, and dramatically increase your business’ cash flow.
- StartUpChat — Hosted by Hiten Shah and Steli Efti, this Podcast provides “unfiltered insights and actionable advice straight from the trenches of startup and business life,” with new episodes being aired every Tuesday and Friday.
- Unemployable — Hosted by Brian Clark, founder of Copyblogger and CEO of Rainmaker Digital, this Podcast features “actionable strategies and valuable resources for ambitious freelancers and creative entrepreneurs.” Via this Podcast, Brian provides a “solution to the information overload for independent business people,” with the goal of helping entrepreneurs take their efforts and businesses to the next level.
- AskGaryVee — Hosted by Gary Vaynerchuk, this Podcast provides answers to “questions about social media, entrepreneurship, startups, and family businesses,” based on Gary’s experience with “building successful, multi-million dollar companies.”
- Tim Ferriss Show — Voted “Best in iTunes” in 2014 and 2015, this Podcast features “positive tactics, tools and routines you can use” to enhance your digital marketing skills, to grow your business, and to improve your life in general. Called the “Oprah of Audio” by The Observer, Tim Ferriss has interviewed a number of high-profile guests on his Podcast, including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Peter Thiel, Jon Favreau, Whitney Cummings, and dozens more.
- Content Inc. — Hosted by Joe Pulizzi, this Podcast centers around 10-minute episodes, with each segment focusing on “one lesson or key takeaway that you can use in your business or life.” In addition to sharing personal anecdotes, Joe also reveals some lessons from others that have “shaped his entrepreneurial style.”
- Social Pros — Hosted by Jay Baer, this Podcast provides “real insight on the real people doing real work in social media.” Popular in international marketing circles, Social Pros features “inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IMB, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate and measure their social media programs.”
And stay posted for our next Weekly, when I’ll share some more powerful (and free!) resources that can help you improve your digital marketing skills and knowledge.
Until then, let’s connect and engage in social media — I look forward to finding out more about you, your business and your digital marketing triumphs and challenges.
(note: In the spirit of full disclosure, some links are an affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from X company. I only recommend products & systems that I use or have used and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands.)
(This article was originally published on DigitalAuthority.co)