The Weekly Authority #41
We Scour the web to give you the Latest, Proven Content Marketing and Social Media Strategies to grow your business with the Weekly Authority.
Holiday Countdown: 25 Days of Marketing with Bynder via Lodewijk de Vries • @Bynder
Refresh your digital marketing strategies for 2017 with these insider tricks and tips. They can help you leverage marketing best practices to connect with more of your target audience online.
Content Marketing Mistakes You’re Making Right Now via @KarenDikson • DAN Global
Content marketing mistakes can cost you big time. This guide, however, can help you avoid making some of the most common and costly content marketing errors so you can see the best ROI from your content.
Want to attract more attention and coverage in your marketplace? Here’s how you can use your content to reach out to your ideal client online and manufacture more linkable assets for your site and online marketplace.
Twitter can undoubtedly be an effective platform for your business to reach your target audience. Here’s what you can do to break through all the noise on Twitter and start tweeting exceptional content.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
7 Epic Social Media Marketing Fails (and How Not to Become the Next One) via Alina Gorbatch • @awarioapp
Social media fails can show you what NOT to do with your posts and campaigns. Here’s an overview of some of the most recent and fairly educational fails associated with major companies.
Top social media trends for brands that will take over 2017 via @janellef24 • @Bynder
Boost your brand’s social strategies this year with these hot social tips. They’ll have you tweeting, posting, and gramming better than your competitors!
157 Stunning Social Media Stats to Savor via Dew Smith • @Vendasta
Social media statistics can be key to understanding consumers’ online behavior. Here are some of the latest social stats. These can help you figure out the best ways to connect with your ideal client online.
6 Ways to Convert Your Instagram Audience into Customers via @DholakiyaPratik • Entrepreneur Magazine
Get more new leads from Instagram using these simple, yet effective, tips. They can help you drive more organic, engaged traffic to your site and boost sales.
How An Internal Social Network Proves Useful To An Organization? via @orangemantra_uk
An internal social network can keep your staff more engaged while promoting efficiency and productivity. Here’s how to develop a custom social platform for your workplace — and to get the best ROI from it.
Google Search & YouTube: The Latest Statistics & Demographics
It’s no secret that the Internet is dynamic and rapidly evolving, with new content, users and sites joining the online space every day. In fact, over the past year alone, SEO Land reports that Internet use (worldwide) has increased by about 46%. A substantial part of that increased usage has been in the social media realm.
Taking a closer look at some of the latest trends in Internet use, this week, I’m sharing some recent Google search and YouTube statistics. These findings can be helpful to updating and refining your brand’s digital marketing tactics, campaigns and strategies for 2017 so they are as effective — and successful — as possible.
Google Search Statistics & Trends
According to Google:
- Google is by far the most popular search engine worldwide, enjoying more than 65% of the web search volume. To put this into perspective, the 2nd most popular search engine (Baidu) only sees about 8% of the global search volume.
- More than 80% of search traffic in the U.S. is generated from Google.
- Every second, Google processes more than 40,000 search queries. This means that, every day, Google handles over 3.5 billion searches. Yearly, Google processes at least 1.2 trillion searches (across the globe).
- About 1 in every 5 searches conducted every day is for a query that has never been asked previously (i.e., is a brand new query).
- Google searches consistently grow about 10% to 15% annually.
- Roughly half of all Google queries come from mobile devices.
YouTube Statistics & Demographics
- More than 58% of American Internet users have a YouTube account.
- Every hour, at least 400 hours of video content are uploaded to YouTube.
- The majority of YouTube users (nearly 60%) are male.
- About 85% of teens and young adults regularly watch videos on YouTube.
- YouTube is ranked 2nd in terms of social media sites that are most likely to influence people’s purchasing choices (Facebook ranks 1st).
- The top 4 most popular brands/celebrities on YouTube in 2016 (based on the number of subscribers) included (in order of most to less popular) Lego, Justin Bieber VEVO, Kid’s Toys, and the WWE.
- By 2019, experts predict that the number of YouTube users/viewers will increase by at least 10%, jumping up from about 171 million users (in 2015) to roughly 188 million users by 2019.
The Bottom Line on Google Search & YouTube Usage
When it comes to Google search and YouTube, the bottom line is that both of these platforms are clearly used (and trusted) by the majority of American consumers.
So, if your brand doesn’t have an optimized website that ranks well in Google — and/or if you don’t have a presence on YouTube, change that in 2017. By focusing on cultivating a stronger presence for your brand online, you can continue to grow your business and keep it competitive this year and beyond.
What do you think about these YouTube and Google search statistics? Do you find any of them surprising? Or do they reveal new ways to refine and improve your overall digital marketing strategies?
Until then, don’t hesitate to get a hold of me on social media to ask me any digital marketing question or just to say ‘hi.’ I look forward to hearing from you!
(note: In the spirit of full disclosure, some links are an affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from X company. I only recommend products & systems that I use or have used and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands.)
(This article was originally published on DigitalAuthority.co)