The Weekly Authority #61
We scour the web to give you the latest, proven Content Marketing and Social Media Strategies to grow your business with the Weekly Authority.
How to Convert Email Subscribers into New Clients: 5 Essential Steps
Email marketing can be a great way to connect with potential clients in a forum they check daily (if not more frequently): their inboxes.
If you’ve been beating the email marketing drum and haven’t see much in the way of conversions, now’s the time to change things up and try something new.
To get you started, this week, I’m sharing a handful of actionable tips you can use to generate better conversions rates from your email marketing campaigns. These insights can be the key to helping you generate more leads and new clients from your email marketing investments.
5 Ways to Get More Conversions from Email Marketing
1. Start sending ‘welcome’ emails — As soon as a new subscriber signs up for your list, make sure (s)he gets a Welcome email. These Welcome emails typically have 50% open rates. They also position your brand to be in front of a new subscriber as soon as they are clearly interested in your business and its offerings. A few tips for welcome emails:
- Stick to the point and keep it short and sweet.
- Include links back to the relevant page(s) on your website.
- Resend Welcome emails to those who didn’t open it the first round (like a day or two after the initial Welcome email has gone out).
2. Change up the timing of your emails — Low open and response rates to emails can sometimes be a function of simply sending out campaigns on the wrong day and/or at a bad time. So, try sending some emails on different days and/or at different times. Keep track of open and conversion rates. It can also be a good idea to specifically time emails to go out on or around:
- A subscriber’s birthday (if that information is available)
- Special events or deals your business is offering
- National or major holidays related to your industry.
3. Share an irresistible offer — While you can make certain offers exclusive to your email subscribers, you can also share extras, freebies or other items of value to those who make a purchase after opening your email (by, for instance, sending them a redemption code). These offers can be a helpful tipping point for prospects who may be on the fence about buying your goods or services.
4. Make the subject line great — The subject line may be your only chance to engage a subscriber and convince him or her to open your email (and check out what else you have to say — or, in digital marketing speak, continue moving through your Sales Funnel). So keep it smart, sharp and interesting. It only takes one dull subject line to bring an entire email campaign down.
5. Keep it personal — Include the subscriber’s name. Optimize your campaigns to fit the needs and interests a specific subset of your ideal customers. The more personal and targeted your campaigns are, the better positioned they will be to engage and convert subscribers.
Have you tried any of these tips for generating more conversions from your emails? What’s working (and not working) for you?
Tell me about your experiences, challenges and successes on Facebook and LinkedIn. And don’t hesitate to get a hold of me on social media to ask any digital marketing question or just to say ‘hi.’ I look forward to hearing from you!
The Content That Gains Shares and Links on Medium : BuzzSumo Research via @steverayson • @BuzzSumo
Medium is a popular platform with more than 60 million monthly visitors. Here’s a revealing look at the types of content that got the most shares & links on Medium last year.
Four Simple Marketing Automation Tricks You Can Put to Use Right Away via @AskJamieTurner • @getresponse
This insider’s guide to marketing automation hacks can help you effectively optimize your campaigns while improving your open rates, your click through rates, and your return on investment.
Spark Your User Persona To Life With These 9 Important Tools via @WordWeaverFree • @CoSchedule
A dynamic user persona can help you create better, more engaging content. Check out these essential tips for breathing life into your user persona. They can take your content marketing to the next level.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Proven Strategies to Boost Social Media Shares and Conversions via @jimit_ab • @socialpilot_co
These days, successful social media marketing requires juggling different creative tactics to keep your followers/audience interested in your posts. Here’s a breakdown of various tactics you can try to keep your social posts fresh, interesting and engaging!
Not getting leads from your social media marketing? Here are dozens of tips and tactics Neil Patel has used to get leads. They can be the key to helping you get far more warm leads and new clients.
The Crazy Egg Guide to Facebook Marketing via @SHurleyHall • @CrazyEgg
Improve your Facebook marketing campaigns with this go-to guide. It provides the steps, information and insight you can use to attract more attention and followers for your business on Facebook.
(note: In the spirit of full disclosure, some links are affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from X company. I only recommend products & systems that I use or have used and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands.)
(This article was originally published on DigitalAuthority.co)