Latest OBA Production update (10.1.18)
A humongous update with the latest libraries, framework and fixes for our customers.
Approximately 100 Trello cards have been addressed.
- No more “Oops!” error messages. From now on, when an error happens on the page, details of the problem is sent automatically to us developers. No personal information is collected.
- New Account Settings
- You can now toggle the landing page (site or user). Requested by @Matt_Rogers quite some time ago.
- With the power of AWS technologies, we’ve improved the way we encode videos, audio and process images. It now faster, more reliable and handles 4K videos as well.
- You can now see what’s being encoded from the admin dashboard.
- This is part of the AWS Elastic Transcoder work, which saves us costs on processing uploaded audio and video to the correct format(s).
- You can now create users via CSV from the site/user admin page.
- Refine how thumbnails are generated.
- Add “Close” button to the upload layer.
- Updates to how EXIF data is read for images.
- Gender / Date of Birth can be added for e-mail awarding.
- Gender is not defined by default when signing up with SSO. User sets this on first login.
- New buttons to process a new CSV via User Main.
- Present user’s full name as opposed to username when accepting an e-mail award.
- “You have been awarded a badge” now links to the badge’s academy (Request by @Matt_Rogers)
- “Loading…” is no longer appears in the top-right.
- This will just show the pulsating bar across the top, like Makewaves.
- When audio/video is uploaded, an AWS notification is now sent to the Web API to track whether the job has been successful or failed.
- Tidied up Web API.
- Critical performance issues for API calls (affecting the iOS App)
- Fixed issues when loading images on a badge submission.
- Fixes for the “too many redirects” issue.
- General fixes for uploading a new profile image.
- General fixes for task support media and the media player.
- Fix an error when trying to edit an academy.
- Fix formatting issued caused by duplicate badges.
- Amend the time taken to auto-refresh task support media.
- Changing the e-mail from admin didn’t send a verification e-mail.
- An issue with a evidence URL displaying as an internal link.
- An issue when adding evidence to a duplicate badge.
- Addressed some connection errors caused internally.
- An issue with the captcha when using verification e-mail (Cognito)
- Fix the terms and condition checkbox when signing up with single sign-on (SSO)
- Various fixes for badge e-mail awards.
- Prevent a site from being listed if joining is not available
- Fixed an issue where changing a username caused reset password to not work.
- Transaction toggle didn’t change.
- Fix small hex around a user profile image.
- When a user is deleted, also remove them from their group(s).
- Ensure users assigned to managers appear in the Assigned to me column.
- Ensure users cannot bypass the terms and conditions agreement when doing a “fast signup”.
- Make dropdown menus more aware of their surroundings. (both vertically and horizontally)
- Fixed an issue with MakeBadges.
- Fix malformed layer for sending back badges.
- Fix attempts where a user could try and sign up for a Pro package for free.1
- Fix attempts where a user could attempt to obtain a free trial.
- Prevent cancellation emails being sent repeatedly.
- Prevent users from repeating a transaction.
- Fixed an issue when signing up an offline package.
- Ensure the packages page is refreshed to correctly state “Your Plan”
- Fixed an issue where some cancelled subscriptions would not be cancelled at the end of their current subscription period.
- When a subscription renewal was cancelled, the site was immediately reverted back to basic.
- Prevent being able to create a manager account by joining via LinkedIn. (where joining as a manager was disabled)
- Users can edit but not delete email field.
- Updated FancyBox to resolve an error when fullscreening image gallery.
- Deleted users were incorrectly appearing in user list reports.
- Correct the redirection after resetting a password via Forgotten Password.
- An issue when processing date of birth for a CSV upload
- Prevent the same note from being submitted multiple times.
- When editing a badge in Firefox, the badge title couldn’t be seen properly.
- Prevent support media disappearing after adding images when video was added first.
- The upload layer now works in the Microsoft Edge browser.
- When uploading a user profile image, both small and large profile images came in at the same time.
- Fix for adding a post to a task evidence — either selecting one or creating a new one.
- Fix distorted background when opening the People layer.
- A user can now make their email empty.
- Upgraded to .NET Framework 4.7 and fixed any regressions this had caused.
- Minification library replaced.
- Updated many libraries to their newer version. Including:
- FancyBox (produces dialogue boxes)
- plupload (for uploading content)
- Move all styling into one “source” file, and fixed any regressions this had caused.