We wanted to say thank you for helping us to introduce Open Badges to over 10,000 young people, schools and organisations in 2013.
At the end 2012, we chose three objectives for 2013 that we wanted to achieve.
- Continue to develop digital badges as a way to recognise digital maker skills and open up new opportunities for young people.
- Begin to unlock the hidden potential of parental engagement to contribute to childrens education.
- Continue our commitment to open innovation and open education — sharing practice, approaches and tools with educators & partners internationally.
- We believe we have achieved these objectives and more:
- We have awarded almost 5000 badges to young people via our programmes Safe, S2R, YCiF and Badge the UK
- We have introduced Open Badges to over 5000 schools and organisations
- We have continued to provide free e-safety resources to over 3000 schools via our Safe programme
- We have seen over 2000 sports reports created by young people on the S2R Network
- We have trained over 50 Young Carer Champions who will help share the voices of young carers around the UK via the YCiF Network
- Over 1 million badges were pledged to be awarded at MozFest 2013.
We aim to continue our progress in 2014 and we hope you will continue to support DigitalMe and our programmes.