Ep 107: Building the Original Digital Nomad Hub with Amy Scott of Nomadtopia
Listen to this episode on iTunes here
Amy Scott is a pioneer of the nomad movement, starting after her cousins convinced her to quit her job in 2004!
Thirteen years later, she is a podcaster and freelance editor, with several other income streams to support her lifestyle.
She has seen the digital nomad world go through many changes and developments through the years.
Give a listen to learn how her Nomadtopia hub has been a major part of the growth of the industry and lifestyle.
- What kicked off her nomadic journey way back before it was as “mainstream” as it is today (1:35)
- How the digital nomad world as a whole has changed during her time in the lifestyle, as well as her various transformations through the years (5:04)
- What a digital nomad really is: a way to get what it is you really need (8:55)
- How she supports her nomadic income streams (10:47)
- What effect travel has had on business, lifestyle, and how she’s been able to balance all the facets of her life (13:09)
- Finding love on the road, which is something you’ll deal with if your life is on the road for this long (21:18)
I think it’s important to check in and see if you’re getting what you need. And if you’re not: make some changes.
The Waves by Virginia Woolf