Looking back at 2019
The team started Digix in March 2016, 4 years on and we are one of the leading asset tokenising companies. The journey has not been easy and it will not have been possible without your support.
A big thank you 🙏🙏🙏 for the support over the years, especially in 2019.
We are proud to share that not only have we strived to survive, but we have also grown from strength to strength in 2019.
As of 2020 Jan 15, we have 1751 wallet addresses holding to DGX. Market Cap is at $6,021,517 USD with a total supply of 122,700 DGX.
We expanded our network of exchanges and use cases for DGX too. Users are able to buy and hold DGX not just from our marketplace.
This pushed our 24hr Trade Volume to 172,274 USD as of 15 Jan, 12.30 pm.
More exchanges to trade DGX
DGX holders are able to buy and sell DGX at these 12 exchanges by the end of 2019. The good news is we are looking to extend the list. You can expect more exchanges to trade DGX in 2020.
- Airswap (AirSwap Team) — A free, easy token trading platform for beginners to experts. Users can connect their wallet, get the best available price, and execute trades instantly.
- BitFinex (Bitfinex)— One of the largest and most advanced cryptocurrencies exchange.
- Hotbit (HOTBIT) — Hotbit had listed 547 trading pairs in total and was ranked №3 among all exchanges regarding the number of types of cryptocurrency projects listed.
- Kyberswap (KyberSwap)— A fast and simple way to exchange DGX tokens. Offers competitive rates for over 70 tokens. Secured by the blockchain.
- Lucent Exchange (Lucent Exchange)— Lucent is a next-generation exchange market for direct trading in digital assets.
- Probit Global (ProBit Exchange)— A top-performing exchange with one of the world’s fastest processing capacities of 1,500,000 order matching per second.
- RadarRelay (Radar Relay)— An ethereum dApps leveraging the 0x protocol to offer the most secure way to trade ERC20 tokens from your ethereum wallet.
- Switcheo Network (Switcheo News)— Switcheo is the best decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange to buy or sell Ethereum (ERC20), EOS tokens and NEO (NEP-5).
- Tokenize Xchange — Tokenize is a digital trading platform that aspires to build the next generation currency exchange that supports established and emerging digital currencies
- TokoCrypto (Tokocrypto)— Southeast Asia’s leading exchange for digital assets by providing customers with an easy, simple, instant, and secure platform to transact with confidence.
- Uniswap — A protocol for an automated token exchange on Ethereum with A simple smart contract interface for swapping ERC20 token.
- VCC Exchange (VCC Exchange) — VCC exchange features crypto-crypto and VND-crypto trading, which is supported in web, iOS and Android applications.
Onboarding new markets to trade DGX
DGX is available in 7markets by the end of 2019 too. This allows our users to easily buy gold-backed token DGX, beyond the previous ETH, USD, IDR and USDT markets.
Users can trade DGX with VND, BTC and DAI too. Making it even easier for them to trade DGX with the currency of their choice.
Extending on the use cases of DGX
Traditional gold is a hard asset which is difficult to store. This leads to portability and divisibility issues. These challenges are overcome with digitised gold, DGX. DGX is cryptographically secured and offers users more liquidity, making it easy to buy, sell, trade and transact.
By the end of 2019, we are working with 13 partners to build the DGX ecosystem.
- Bullionix (Bullionix)— The first of its kind dapp where users can smith their own non-fungible token with DGX.
- CoinHako — A trusted digital currency platform established in 2014 to buy, sell and manage digital currencies on Android and iOS.
- Monolith (Monolith)— A decentralised banking alternative based in the UK which offers VISA cards to let you spend DGX.
- MyConstant (Constant) — Decentralized lending platform based on blockchain which allows you to borrow with DGX.
- Neutral G — A platform to support the liquidity of DGX across multiple exchanges.
- Pundi X (Pundi X (writers))— The leading blockchain-based point-of-sale (POS) solution that connects the consumers and businesses across the world with more than 100,000 POS deployed in more than 20 countries.
- Request Network (Request)— Support invoicing with DGX by leveraging on the security of blockchain technology.
- Ren — The first and only open protocol that provides access to inter-blockchain
- Sesocio.com — The leading crowd investments platform in Latin America to buy DGX.
- Sentinel Protocol (Sentinel Protocol Marketing Team) — Leveraged on this threat intelligence platform on the first run.
- TrustWallet (Trust Wallet)— One of the leading ethereum wallets and cryptocurrency wallet to store your DGX.
- ImToken (imToken)— A feature-rich digital asset wallet which enables multi-chain asset management, DApp browsing and secure, private exchange of value.
- Tangem (Tangem) — Tangem offer cards as a cold storage solution for cryptocurrencies and digital assets, making it easy to physically store and send digital currency.
Meeting the communities and growing the blockchain industry
It has been an eventful year in 2019 as the team actively worked on every opportunity to share our technology with the communities. We attended 30+ events and interviews. From Wholesale Investor’s flagship investment conference, Emergence in Sydney, to organising Ethereum Singapore meet-up with Industry leaders like Vitalik Buterin and Gavin Wood. To place the cherry on top, Digix was invited to be part of the Tribe Accelerator, Singapore’s First Government Supported Blockchain Accelerator program, as one of the founding members.
Expanding the Infrastructure. Placing the customer first.
What we are going to share next is by far the best thing we had done in 2019, #bestof2019.
2019 was a big year in terms of expansion for DGX. We wanted to deliver a good product.
We started the year to create a product with the primary focus on delivering great customer experience. With our customers in mind, here are the key initiatives we had rolled out.
- We zeroed DGX demurrage fee so DGX holders do not have to pay the extra dollars when holding on to our gold-backed token.
- We extended our storage facility with a new vault in Canada. This addition in Canada means our gold is safely housed in multiple locations, which translate into additional security for your DGX.
- We opened up the marketplace to China consumers so they too will be able to buy gold directly from the Digix Marketplace.
We have big plans for Digix in 2020, especially on delivering great customer experience. Cheers to 2020 and all the possibilities it holds.
More initiatives will roll out in 2020, so stay tuned. Join our Twitter to be updated on the latest news.
Back to DigixDAO. Cast your vote for the proposal you fancy.
We are on Day 22 of the voting for this quarter. 1007881.074 DGD have been staked. Remember to vote for your proposals. #Youarepartofthegame
A new addition to the Digix Team
We would like to take this chance to welcome Clarissa Lim onboard the Digix team as our new Compliance Manager.
With more than five years of compliance experience in the financial and commodity industry, Clarissa strives to strike a balance between the business needs and regulatory requirements.
Her role will be instrumental to the growth of Digix as she oversees the operations together with our COO and Co-founder, Shaun Djie to help build a sustainable business in this constantly growing industry.
We would love to hear from you!
At Digix, we appreciate feedback from the community, so do drop us a note at email@example.com or join our channels below: