Remote work is fast becoming a norm across the world. In America alone, 40% of workers spend about four to five days a week working remotely. According to GlobalWorkplaceAnalytics, companies enjoy benefits like high efficiency, increased productivity, employees’ motivation and savings worth over $10,000 per company thanks to remote work. This is exactly what every business wants.
Despite so many benefits, there are some challenges managers face with remote teamwork. Scheduling and managing workers across different time zones, miscommunication, tracking employees’ performance and lack of cohesion are just a few of them.
The good news is that you’ve got the solution on your hands. Thanks to technology, there are now powerful tools for remote team management available for use. Whatever you intend to do; assign projects, effectively track your team’s work in real-time, build a strong company culture, you name it. These tools can help you achieve it.
Unfortunately, a lot of managers can hardly get the right tool that can solve the majority — if not all — of their remote team management needs. This article has given a detailed review of the top 5 tools for remote team management tools you can choose from, to help you get a handle on this hurdle.
Trello is one of the best free remote team management tools for needs. It helps you plan and track tasks and projects through the Kanban system. It is made of lists, cards, and boards that let teams plan, track the progress of their projects and work together from wherever they are.
Perhaps, one major thing that endears this tool to users is that it is both flexible and simple to use. Whether your team is working on releasing a new project, run some social media campaigns from different locations — this tool is very helpful.
- It is simple to use.
- You can add checklists to tasks.
- It has a visual Agile Kanban Board.
- It is very flexible for team tasks.
- It is great for real-time collaboration.
- With its simplicity, it may be less convenient with larger teams to use.
- A beginner may find the dashboard difficult to configure.
- Its keyboard productivity usage and Keyboard shortcuts are limited.
Available on platforms: Android, web, Mac, and iOS.
Price: Trello is free to use, but it does have a Business plan for $9.90 per user per month with additional features. Good thing, both plans have App integrations.
Basecamp is a great tool that helps teams plan tasks, track success and implement a project from any location. Your team can track tasks with the tool’s features like calendaring, to-do-lists, and file-sharing. A good thing about the tool is that it has such a simple interface where you create projects, track document progress, communicate with your team, and manage tasks.
It also has a group chat and message board functionality that offers you secure internal communication with your team. With its large document storage system, you can arrange and regulate all your files.
You can customize this app and add whatever functionality your team needs. This is because it has over 50 third-party integrations built with it. Also, it trains users through Documentation, Webinars and Live Classes.
- The tool helps your team stay on the same page with each other, increase accountability, and enjoy efficient communication.
- It offers 24/7 Live Support and Online help service.
- It is very simple to use. You can easily set up a project, invite team members and create tasks.
- It helps you keep a calendar of your projects.
- There is a need to make the messaging system more robust.
- It doesn’t have an instant email notification feature to let you know when messages come in.
- It only works online. So, without an internet connection, you won’t be able to work.
Available on Platforms: web, Android, and iOS.
Price: The free plan is for 30 days. Meanwhile, the business plan goes for $99 per month.
Since real-time project tracking has become a huge need for a lot of companies, Duefocus couldn’t have come at a better time than now. It helps teams to synchronize tasks across different task managers including Trello, Basecamp, and Github. The tool is proactive in offering solutions to remote team management needs.
Duefocus helps you conduct all management activities, including long-term planning, in the tracking systems. All you need do is set up the application, and it will integrate all your tasks across the management tools you use.
The tool lets you track and analyze all your tasks in the team. With its TeamPulse interface, you can track all work in real-time. With this, your employees or team members can access statistics of their personal performance, plan tasks and communicate effortlessly. This will likely push them to be more productive.
- It offers real-time tracking for improved productivity of your team.
- It synchronizes all your activities across other task managers in one place.
- It offers high-end security and privacy.
- Employers can pay their employees using the tool in line with the employees’ workload and performance.
- It improves transparency.
- It is not available on mobile iOS and Android yet.
Available on Platforms: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Though Wrike doesn’t offer real-time tracking, it is still a great tool for remote teamwork. It is an all-in-one collaboration and project management software that offers teams the exact visibility they need on any project. It equally helps team members to prioritize their tasks.
Wrike can also connect your team tasks with files, comments, and more. It also has an Email collaboration feature which you can use to centralize teamwork. And it integrates with a lot of popular business applications including Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce, Google Drive, Evernote, Zapier, and others.
- It has a more complex dashboard that helps larger teams to work more effectively.
- It has multiple integrations and a Gantt chart.
- You can categorize tasks by projects and departments.
- It is rather costly.
- Lacks a built-in live chat feature.
- Limited account management options.
Available on platforms: web, Android, and iOS.
Price: You can start using Wrike for free or get a Professional plan for $9.80 a user per month. There is also a Business plan with extended functionality goes from $34.60 a user per month.
Formerly called Dapulse, Monday.com is also a great tool for remote team management. There is quite a lot to do with this tool. It helps teams plan, organize, and track work in just one visual, collaborative space. Your team can also customize workflow, plan and track specific tasks. The tool allows for flexibility and ease of use.
With Monday.com, you can onboard your team and track their contributions. There are a macro and a micro view of everything that goes on with your team so that everyone is accountable for deadlines.
- It lets you send updates via email.
- It offers a visual display of progress.
- It allows you to customize and configure solutions to have a brand-specific platform.
- It enables constant monitoring of projects.
- The timeline does not allow for sufficient visualization.
- It may run slower for a larger team.
Available on platforms: Web, iOS, Android.
Price: The tool goes for different prices for different functionalities. The Basic offer is just $25 per month, while the Standard and Pro plans go for $39 and $59 per month respectively.
There are other tools for remote team management across the internet. While some are a little pricey, others offer low rates. But, it is best you are not driven by the rate. Rather, you should be concerned with the functionality of each tool. “How can this tool help my team achieve its goals” should be the question to guide you in choosing a tool.
More so, with remote work becoming more complex every day, you need to strongly consider the tool that can help you track teamwork in real-time. This is the best way to build a large team of specialists from different time-zones.