Can’t do without Fried Food? Try this Healthy Nachos Recipe with a twist and maybe you’ll change your mind!
Are you one of those ultimate food lovers that just cannot live without their daily share of French Fries and Fried Chips? Do you think Nachos should be included in your diet plan?
Well, if you’ve read our ‘Fried Vs Baked’ article, we really hope you are trying to make that lifestyle change. But, we know that this can get tricky sometimes and most diets are not easy to follow, especially if you’re just starting out! This particular article is mainly to help all those like me, who find diets and weight loss difficult to maintain. We all need a “cheat diet” to fall back on.
Here, at DIP Foods, we’ve got some pretty amazing recipes up our sleeves, and its everything your fitness coach/dietician/magic maker will approve of! Let the weekend cravings begin…
Cheat Sheet Nachos Pizzas
This Nachos + Pizza combination is the perfect comfort food you need, just without all the added calories. All we do here is delete the added fat from the fried Nachos chips and replace it with a baked alternative and also these don’t require as much cheese as your pizzas do.
The prep work for this is minimal, but the result is mouth-watering.
Time : 15 minutes Ingredients :
- 1 Pack DIP Tortilla Chips (Use as required)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup (250ml) tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (90g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (90g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes (for garnish)
- A handful of fresh basil and oregano
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over a low to medium heat.
- Peel and chop the garlic and add to the pan, stir for a minute or two until it softens.
- Add the tomatoes and keep stirring. Cook until the tomato mixture has reduced down by a third and thickened. Season to taste.
- Put the tomato mixture to the side to cool.
- Preheat grill (broiler) on high.
- Place DIP Tortilla Chips in an ovenproof dish and spoon over the cooled tomato mixture.
- Mix the chilli flakes into the cheese and scatter over tomato, followed by olives.
- Grill (broil) for a few minutes until the cheese is melting.
- Top with fresh tomatoes and herbs.
Liked our Recipe? Tell us your thoughts/experience in the comments section below.
Read about more such recipes, fitness tips, health and diet trends on our blog!