Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame Ceremony and Party
January 29th, 5:30–8:30pm — Washington, DC
ORDER TICKETS HERE
The National Disability Mentoring Coalition invites you to attend the Class of 2018 Induction Ceremony for the Susan M. Daniels Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame. The event will take place on January 29th from 5:30–8:30pm at the Renaissance Washington Hotel. This celebration of mentoring will recognize the Class of 2018. The Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame was established in 2015 to carry on the legacy of disability champion and lifelong mentor, Susan Daniels, and to spotlight individuals and groups around the country who are making a significant difference in the lives of youth and adults with disabilities through mentoring.
Our Mentor/Mentee Emcees for the evening are:
Judith Heumann, International Disability Rights Advocate and Class of 2015 Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame Inductee
Diego Mariscal, CEO and Founder of 2Gether International, an entrepreneurial organization that is “flipping the disability narrative”
The evening will also highlight the new Dinah Cohen DREAM Fellowship Program, with remarks from the first Fellow, a college student working to enhance inclusive mentoring experiences across the nation. Proceeds from the event will be used to fund NDMC initiatives, including 2019 Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame programming and the Dinah Cohen DREAM Fellowship Program.
There will be plenty of time for networking and enjoying food and refreshments; that’s why we call it a mentoring party!
CLASS OF 2018 INDUCTEES
- Scott Badesch, Autism Society of America
- Julia Bascom, Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Rhonda Basha, Office of Disability Employment Policy, Department of Labor
- Sara Buikema, Retired
- Kari Cooke, Communication Service for the Deaf
- Steve Famiglietti, New England Assistive Technology Center at Oak Hill
- Anne Greeley Fossler, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Eve Hill, Brown, Goldstein & Levy
- Xian Horn, Changeblazer
- Daniel Martinez, National Federal of the Blind of Texas
- Deborah McCarthy, University of South Florida
- Robert E Pipia, Nassau County District Court
- Dr. Christopher Rosa, City University of New York
- Maeghan Shanks, Gallaudet University
- Liz Weintrab, Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- Tiffany Yu, Diversability
- Alec Frazier of Autistic Reality, Jd Michaels of BBDO New York, and Tari Hartman Squire of EIN SOF Communications and Lights! Camera! Access! 2.0.
- Boulder Valley School District’s Eye to Eye Program
- National Organization of Nurses with Disabilities (NOND)
- National Telecommuting Institute (NTI)
- Programs to Educate All Cyclists (PEAC)
Renaissance Washington DC Downtown
999 9th St. NW Washington, DC 20001
Thank you to our lead sponsors: Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation, PolicyWorks, Inc., Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability at Cornell University, and New Editions Consulting.
Sign language interpreters and captioning will be provided. If you have other accommodation or dietary needs, please ensure to include those in your registration submission.