This week in #Scala (Aug 10, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Scala 3 — TF related improvements (mostly #implicits)
- Building a Reactive, Distributed Messaging Server in Scala and Akka with WebSockets
- Functional Effects with ZIO
- Auto-publish sbt plugin from Travis C
- Tagless Final — Part 6 — persistence (The Big Rewrite — Part 2)
- On the Performance of User-Mode Threads and Coroutines
- String Interpolation in Scala
- Ammonite Script to manage Firefox Search Engines
- Thinking With Types
- How Does “20 seconds” Work in Scala?
- A Dive into Configuring Metals
- Life with fatal-warnings
- Cloudflare Workers Announces Broad Language Support
- Background processing in functional Scala #1
- Happy eyeballs live-coding using ZIO
- Ciris · Functional Configurations for Scala
- Command center, a CLI-based launcher and general productivity tool.
- Indigo: a game engine for programmers[
- Dotty version manager
- African Scala Development Program (30th of August)
- ZIO 1.0 Released
- ZIO Actors 0.0.7 released, with support for ZIO 1.0.0
- Akka Projections 1.0.0-RC1 Released
- sbt-buildinfo 0.10.0 is out
- John Snow Labs Spark-NLP 2.5.5: 28 new Lemma and POS models in 14 languages, bug fixes, and lots of new notebooks!
- Smile 2.5 Released!
- IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2020.2 is released!
- Announcing Dotty 0.26.0-RC1
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!