This week in #Scala (Aug 12, 2019)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Disney Streaming Services and Reactive New York Meetup Group present Michael Pilquist and his talk on Building applications with FS2 on August 21 in New York
- Tour of Akka Typed: Message Adapters, Ask Pattern and Actor Discovery
- Benchmarking Functional Error Handling in Scala
- Avro4s 3.0.0 released
- Delta Lake 0.3.0 and an associated blog post
- Speeding Up Incremental Data Loads into Delta Lake using File Metadata
- A book The Science of Functional Programming: A tutorial, with examples in Scala
- Akka Actor System Health Check by Eren Avşaroğulları
- Confluent Kafka tutorials, a resource for learning event streaming
- scala-verify 0.1.0 and minitest 2.6.0 released
- Design Techniques for Serving Machine Learning Models in Cloud-Native Applications by Lightbend’s Boris Lublinsky
- Fargate fast autoscaling, how to detect spiky traffic in 10 seconds and scale
- Easy Parsing with Parser Combinators updated by Li Haoyi to be compatible with the current version of Fastparse
- Scala’s isInstanceOf is an Anti-Pattern by Alex Nedelcu
- Cats Effect: The IO Monad for Scala by Gabriel Volpe
- A Scala “functional programming style” To-Do List application written with Cats
- Streaming data with Apache Kafka and Akka Streams by Gökhan Gürgeç
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!