This week in #Scala (July 6, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- One-click install for Scala
- Folding algebraic data types — Scala tutorial
- Scala/Mill: Step 1, Creating a new Mill project
- The first project to learn Scala for an experienced engineer.
- What are the use cases of Type Lambdas in Dotty
- Cats Concurrency basics with Ref and Deferred
- Tagless Final — Part 3 — If only we had a crystal ball!
- Trace4Cats distributed tracing library/system
- Akka Streams by example: processing files
- Scala and Vim Part 1 — Some thoughts on coc-metals, nvim-metals, and on the Scala + Vim ecosystem
- Poppet — type-based Scala library for generating RPC services from service traits
- Sager: Generic records library
- Airframe RPC: A Framework for Using Scala Both for Frontend and Backend Programming
- Meet Freya! The library for writing Kubernetes (K8s) custom controllers easily!
- Grpcweb support for ScalaPB using Armeria RPC framework
- Mastering modularity in ZIO with ZLayers
- Getting started with ZIO
- A Tour of ZIO Streams
- Functional, Type-safe, Testable Microservices with ZIO gRPC by Nadav Samet on the 16th of July (alternative event here)
- Free workshop on configuration management in Scala using zio-config by Afsal Thaj on the 23rd of July
- Spark 3.0.0 is out!
- Dotty 0.25.0-RC2 available
- Metals v0.9.1 is out offering Ammonite support, a new project provider, worksheet dependency support and more!
- Quill version 3.5.2 is out
- ScalaTest 3.2.0 available
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!