This week in #Scala (Jun 22, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Weaver Test · A lean test-framework built on top of cats-effect and fs2
- A Beginner’s Guide to Scala 3.0
- A quick note on scaling node.js processes via graal.js, dotty and zio
- Building IntelliJ plugins in Scala [Video]
- Scoring Ten-pin Bowling with FP
- Writing functional DSLs for business domains
- Tagless Final — Part 1 — What is Tagless Final?
- Opening the fridge with ZIO
- Deserializing JSON into Protobuf Case Classes — Examples
- Enumerations in Scala
- DIStage Docker’s new documentation microsite
- Check out Buffer[T] and Slice[T], a micro-library for Scala providing lightweight Buffer and Slice abstractions
- And also kukulcan — A REPL for Apache Kafka
- A project template for gradle scala application
- Spark Release 3.0.0
- cats-effect 3 is available
- Monix 3.2.2 is out
- New zio-slick-interop available
- Akka 2.6.6 Released
- Akka Persistence JDBC 4.0.0 is out
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!