This week in #Scala (Jun 8, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Scala Projects to work on in my free time
- Type classes from the ground up
- What is the Purpose of Cross Building a Project
- Zalando case study: why they chose Scala?
- Aggregators: Encoders and TypedColumns
- Fatal Warnings and Linting in Scala
- Scala can be Boring and Absurd
- Enumerations in Scala
- Opening the fridge with ZIO
- 24 Programming Languages That Pay Top Salaries: Scala and More
- Probably — a testing library by propensive
- Why I Wrote A Logging Library
- A bloop tour for metals users
- Akka Cluster split-brain failures — are you ready for it?
- Defining the server logic for an endpoint: three approaches
- Implement Event bus using Akka
- circe — Part 3.2 — Integrations & Extras (refined, lightbend config, fs2, http4s and Scala.js)
- Functional Effects by John de Goes (try code is ThisWeekInScala10)
- Stream Processing with Scala by Itamar Ravid (try code is ThisWeekInScala10)
- Indigo Version 0.1.0 is now available. This is the first release of our little Scala game engine. There will be many problems, the docs are pretty thin (working on it!), but we hope you give it a try!
- Akka Projections 0.2 is out
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!