This week in #Scala (Nov 23, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so let’s catch up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Why You Should Learn Scala in 2020?
- I like Option.get
- Programming in Scala for beginners — week 8: matrices, type parameters
- Givens vs. Implicits in Scala 3
- Given and Using clauses in Scala 3
- Domain-Driven Design with FP in Scala
- Explicit term inference with Scala 3
- Keep alive for JMS connections
- JSON 2 Scala Case Class (online tool)
- Getting started with GraalVM and http4s
- A step-by-step guide for debugging memory leaks in Spark Applications
- Scala 2.13.4 released
- sbt 1.4.3 released
- Monix 3.3.0 released
- scala-steward 0.8.1 is out
- Metals v0.9.6 is out with Scala 2.13.4 support, implicit class and conversion decorations, file links in stack traces!
- New sbt-explicit-dependencies is available
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!