This week in #Scala (Sep 16, 2019)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Build your own Programming Language with Scala
- What is Parallel actually good for?
- Squeezing extra productivity out of Ammonite Scala REPL
- Getting started with Ammonite — A Modernized Scala REPL
- Akka family build infrastructure
- The Traverse type class in Cats — Scala tutorial
- Type erasure
- Cats Effect 3 proposal
- Error Handling in Functional Applications — from Monad Transformers to ZIO
- Getting started with Scalafmt
- Make your program testable
- Writing Custom Wart for Scala
- Laika: Text Markup Transformer for sbt and Scala applications, transforming Markdown and reStructuredText to HTML, EPUB and PDF
- A bot to stress test text-based MMORPGs (MUDs) written in Scala 3
- Notify New Package: A web service built in Scala to email you when a new version of a package comes out
- Syto — pure Scala library for filter design/implementation and digital signal processing
- Introducing sbt-make
- Seeking maintainers for circe-generic-extras
- This Month We’ve Learned — ScalaTest commands, cert-manager, HttpOnly cookies
- Introducing sbt-make: an sbt 1.3.0 plugin to write make-style incremental tasks
- On Eliminating Error in Distributed Software Systems
- Comparing Performance between Apache Spark and PySpark
- Scala 2.12.10 released
- Monix 3.0.0 — final release — Scala 2.13, Cats and Cats-Effect 2.0.
- sbt-pgp 2.0.0 is out
- FS2 2.0.0 released, featuring support for Cats 2.0.0 and Cats Effect 2.0.0
- Alpakka Kafka 1.1.x is out
- Cats 2.0.0 available
- Monix 3.0.0 is out
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!