This week in #Scala (Sep 7, 2020)
Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since the previous #ThisWeekInScala so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings…
- Concurrency In Scala with Cats-Effect
- What’s coming up in sttp client 3?
- Underscores are Overloaded in Scala!
- Type-Level Programming in Scala, Part 3
- Scala, React, and SSR (part 1)
- parallel cross building sandwich
- More Algebra of Algebraic Data Types
- Akka HTTP 10.2 Release — Q/A with the Akka team
- Diffing Spark DataFrames
- Functional programming, dotty, mill, blockchain intro video: convert not-so-great program to a better (but not great) program
- Dotty/scala3 support ScalaJS
- Scala Scripting Samples Project Announced
- Check out scala-oauth2-provider with Keycloak
- Laminar — Smooth UI Development with Scala.js [video]
- SBT Helm plugin — Create Helm Charts for your application and its dependencies with “external” configuration files added.
Chart.yamlduring the build
- Tagless Final — Part 9 — persistence-postgres-skunk (The Big Rewrite — Part 5)
- FP in the City Virtual Conference, September 10th
- Scala Castle, September 14th-17th
- Scala micro.sphere.it, September 15th
- Functional Scala CFP
- Announcing Cats 2.2.0
- Akka HTTP 10.2 Release
- Announcing Dhall for Java support for Dhall 18.0.0
- John Snow Labs Spark-NLP 2.6.0: New multi-label classifier, BERT sentence embeddings, unsupervised keyword extractions, over 110 pretrained pipelines, models, Transformers, and more!
- New zio-prefetcher is out
- fs2 2.4.4 available
- New Modux is out
- DoobieRoll 0.1.3 released
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Disney Streaming Services is hiring!