Flip the Switch: Tik Tok marketing and its Dynamics
Imagine an app where you get to be anything, have any voice, and any character from any part of the world! Sounds amazing right?
Tik Tok is so fun it’s no wonder it’s become the hub for lots of teens, Gen Zs, and adults as well. Let’s just say it’s impossible to be on Tik Tok and not be entertained. The idea is, you can even have fun with yourself while you make the videos or play a variety of games on the platform. Suffice to say, it is very much a self-expression app.
To marketers, however, it’s a double win. With some interesting facts like it being downloaded over 1bn times and boasts of more than 500 million monthly active users, it sure is worth marketers' attention.
Over time, we have seen massive success from companies who have leveraged the benefits of the platform. For example, the #inmydenim challenge by Guess company recorded huge success.
Now let’s look at some of the benefits of Tik Tok:
- It is everywhere: because Tik Tok videos are easily downloadable and are mostly short clips, you can see Tik Tok videos and their proud watermark almost on every social media platform, from Instagram to Twitter, Whatsapp, Facebook. Etc.
- They are fun: the voiceovers are entertaining and engaging. And they are so easy to get used to.
- It allows for creativity: it’s easy to tweak your videos in a fun way that suits your personality
- A place for honesty: people are usually their true selves on Tik Tok hence there’s little or no need for formalities.
- Great user engagement: tell me, this is something.ss
- Less stressful: due to the existing templates, voiceovers, and frames, Tik Tok provides the framework that could be worked upon. So there is less stress and more speed and creativity.
Tik Tok marketing
With the presence of influencers, paid partnerships, and recently, Tik Tok ads, Tik Tok now presents lots of opportunities to marketers and brands to showcase and sell their products/services.
Things to take note of when marketing on Tik Tok:
1. Algorithms are simple: a new user can have his/her video go viral even before making lots of videos.
2. Large audience base: more and more people are hopping on the bus every day. This renders it a place to target and attract your target audience.
3. Build a rapport: through creating posts that your audience enjoyed thereby boosting engagement.
Marketing strategies to adopt in Tik Tok marketing
Hashtags campaigns and challenges
This is a great way to boost your brand awareness through user-generated content. By creating a challenge that is fun and that encourages creativity from your users, you are on your way to going viral. Examples of challenges by brands that went viral include, #pepsicanbalance challenge by Pepsi, #inmydenim challenge by Guess. The latter particularly recorded about 6,000 user-generated content, 10.5 million video views, and over 12,000 additional followers.
This is definitely another unique way to drive awareness. There’s lots of partnering and collaborating with Tik Tok influencers. This will enable you to reach a wider audience through the already loyal followers of the influencer.
If you are more for the paid type of marketing, you can still leverage the platforms recently added feature- ads. The Tik Tok ads, when used effectively, can help you tap into a profitable pool of customers.