Idea: Enable dragging video recording button while pressing down so can adjust finger on camera for ease helping making video (#51)
Purpose is for the user to be able to drag finger as needed when pressing and holding to make a video since recording a video can require adjusting the finger to where’s needed.
- Pressing and holding in the circle then dragging the finger outside still keeps recording, but the recording circle stays in place.
- Start on Camera view.
- Press and hold on video.
- Drag finger while pressing and holding around the video wherever needed.
- Release finger causes recording button to animate into a send arrow in the lower right corner.
- Tap “X” to return to Camera view, and try recording again.
- That’s nice that Snapchat already currently allows recording when dragging outside of the circle. However, I think opportunity is to connect the idea of dragging your finger to record by actually showing the recording circle move when the finger drags outside of the circle.
- Useful for when currently accidentally drag finger outside of the recording button, as well as when trying to do other things with the camera such as move to tap to flip the camera.
- Reason to not do this is that this may encourage dragging the finger more but dragging the finger may actually result in people accidentally releasing their finger and causing recording to stop sooner than expected.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets