Idea: For Facebook Live videos, note when each comment was posted by time, & tap on a comment to autoplay at 10 seconds before that comment was posted (#107)
Purpose is to enable people to easily see where there was interaction between broadcaster and commenter, and/or to see what parts of a video inspired a reaction. Or tapping on comment to autoplay at 5 seconds before that comment was started to be typed so easy to see context particularly when there’s interaction between broadcaster and commenter.
Facebook & YouTube today:
- Facebook Live and Periscope video playback shows reactions and comments that appear at the exact time that they appeared in the original playback.
- Tap on the live video that finished to playback from the beginning, which opens including showing comments. Note that the comments have some text about when that comment was posted.
- Tap on the comment to jump to 10 seconds before that comment was posted or 5 seconds before that comments as starting to be typed. Note that changing where you are viewing plays fast through the video with reduced frames so you can get an idea of what is in the video going from where you were to where you are going next.
- Then tap on a couple more comments to see about where those comments were posted in the view.
- Opportunity is to help with navigating to information based on when that information was posted.
- A reason to not do this is that the comments may not be especially interesting or more general comments such as complimenting the video that may not actually help the person watching decide what part of the video to watch.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets