Idea: Reply with audio / photo comment to a friend’s Story by swiping up to increase one-to-one feedback about Stories (#25)
Purpose is to enable people to quickly reply with a photo/video or audio message and encourage creating more Stories because of providing feedback that is easy to do.
- Snapchat lets users swipe up on a Story posted by a mutual friend to send back a text comment.
- Text comments are sent as a private one-to-one chat.
- View a mutual friend’s story by Person 1. Swipe up to reply to Story #1.
- Default is to show keyboard to let you type text. Tap “Camera” to open the camera.
- Tap the circle to take a photo.
- Tap the arrow to send the photo to Person 1.
- Swipe up to send another reply to Person 1 about Story #1.
- Tap on “Audio.”
- Press and hold the record button to start recording.
- Let go of the record button when done recording. Then what you recorded autoplays in a loop so you can hear it. If you don’t want to use that, you can tap the “X.” The background color changes to indicate that you left the step of recording and are now in the step of deciding whether to send.
- Tap to send the audio.
- Enable users to send photo/video, attach a photo/video, or send an audio message to a mutual friend in response to the Story.
- Use the word “reply” instead of “comment” because I think that “reply” reflects that what you send back is private, whereas “comment” I think tends to be associated with posting something visible to other people who can view that Story or content.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets