Idea: Notification when all Stories you tapped to load are downloaded & ready to be watched (#49)
Purpose is to let downloading media happen and know when you can actually watch.
- Tapping to view a Story can sometimes take quite a while to load, particularly when the Story has a lot of video.
- Start on Stories view. Tap on Person 2, Person 4, and Person 5 to load.
- Tap your phone home button to go back to available apps.
- A notification appears when the Stories load for Person 2, Person 4, and Person. Alternatively, notifications can appear when each person’s Story loads. Tap on the notification.
- Opens the Stories view and shows the Stories have loaded.
- Scroll down and see there’s a “Loaded” section that shows all Stories that have fully loaded so you can quickly access the list. Benefit of putting this on top is that this doesn’t require using any space that is currently used, while still having benefit of quickly accessing what loaded.
- Notifications only are sent if the user leaves the app.
- Particularly relevant for when there are a lot of videos to be loaded and/or when on an internet network that is not fast enough to quickly load.
- A section appears that is above the “My Story” section that when scrolling down shows all of the Stories that have loaded so far. Note that Idea #32 shows how the Playlist could also appear.
- Alternatively, in-app notifications could appear such as at the top of the Stories list.
- Notifications about Story you were watching but that you reached the end before the rest of the Story finished downloading: “(Person 1)’s Story you were watching has fully downloaded. Watch >”
- Alternatively, consider a long-press on the loading icon to choose whether to stop loading, only load photos, or only load videos.
- Alternatively, consider a setting that allows to download only a scaled-down version of the media.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets