Idea: Read receipt for videos in Messenger if audio was heard or not heard in video and audio messages 4.12.2016 (#115)
Purpose is to indicate when audio was on so know that full context was seen, particularly for video and audio messages.
Facebook & Snapchat today:
- On Snapchat Chat 2.0, there’s no indication if the other person heard the audio you included in your video, or that the audio message was played at a loud enough volume.
- On messages, show the read receipt that audio was on under the audio message.
- Then show that audio was off when the video was watched the first time, but then indicates audio on later when the video is watched with audio on.
- Opportunity is for people to be clear about what was listened to with read receipts.
- Opportunity is to encourage more audio and video messages knowing that the audio was heard and played.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets