Idea: Swipe up on a public Story of a friend to “Chat” then tap “Share” to enter sharing view or swipe up on a public Story of someone not your friend to enter sharing mode then post to “Add to My Shares” 4.19.2016 (#123)
Purpose is to provide a way that works with resharing that may be somewhat clearer than a long-press to share.
Title: Introducing Sharing on Snapchat
Introduction: Reshare to your friends the snaps you enjoy to your “My Shares.”
- Focus is on sharing to your own Story only what you have made.
- You can screenshot snaps.
- You can’t reshare other’s posts in your own Story.
- Start on Stories view. Tap on the person you follow but isn’t your friend because that person hasn’t followed you back. Note that the Story is public and the text on the button says “Share” with an up arrow so swipe up to enter the share mode.
- Tap the “Share Now” button to share.
- Then select your friend and note the Story says Public and the bottom says “Chat” with an arrow up so swipe up to chat then note that a “Share” button appears in the upper right.
- Tap on the Share button in the upper right to enter share mode, then tap next to select recipients then tap “My Shares.” Then you could tap next to share with the loading as seen earlier in this flow.
- Opportunity is to enable people to share and discover what’s being posted around Snapchat.
- Note that “My Shares” appears separate from “My Story.” Tapping on “Friends Shares” row shows chronologically all the reshares in order of when the original Story was posted by the person who made the Story.
- Alternatively, tapping on the row for “Friends’ Shares” shows chronologically all of the reshares that were made in order of either when reshared.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets