How To Sit.
Six steps to improve your seated posture.
You probably didn’t realise this, but we have been sitting incorrectly the majority of our lives. And it’s making our bodies stressed.
Let’s change that.
1. Push your hips as far back in the chair as they can go.
2. Keep your shoulders back and your spine straight.
3. Adjust the seat height to fit your body. (Your feet should be at on the floor and your knees even with your hips).
4. Adjust the back of the chair to a 100o — 110o reclined angle.
5. Make sure that your upper and lower back are supported. (If your chair doesn’t have lumbar support, place a small pillow just above your hips).
6. Adjust the armrests. Your shoulders should be relaxed and your wrists even with your keyboard (if you’re typing).
This is an excerpt from The Stress Report.