11 Really Simple Holiday Reminders
How to feel less useless in life, especially during the holidays when everyone looks like they’re having too much fun.
- Other people’s Instagram feed is none of your business.
- You survived these days last year. Hang in there.
- Have your own private party. Invite your pets and plants. Spiders are pets!
- Celebrate life’s little wins. You woke up today. You read this.
- Close your eyes. Remind yourself to #5.
- Go for a run. Don’t run away from yourself.
- Make a mess. Then clear it up. Then go to sleep.
- Place a fake present under your fake Christmas tree.
- Open your fake Christmas present and act surprised!
- Rinse and repeat as needed.
Save and print this post where you’ll see it often. Your screen saver is a good option. Yes, absolutely do that.
Additional but entirely optional:
- Hide your phone where you’ll surely forget it.
- Don’t listen to Mariah Carey. Promise me you won’t!
- Only if you must, sing along to Last Christmas (funny).
Last resort: Get WIRED FOR SELF-LOVE (Now available at your nearest Amazon Kindle store).
I have a collection of poems if you could use a smile or two. Go ahead and binge read them here.