Stalking celebrities’ dogs on Instagram: It’s not a crime
No use for Instagram — until it’s time to gush over dogs (and song battles)
Instagram has never really been my thing. I’d rather spend an unhealthy amount of time on Twitter. But there was no way in the world I was going to miss these songwriting and song battles that Timbaland and Swizz Beatz organized (or the comic relief from Black Twitter making fun of Teddy Riley DTM echo performance). But I’ve found myself pleasantly surprised by all the animal lover stories I keep seeing on this social media platform.
Let’s start with Kevin Hart and his dogs. I crack up laughing thinking how useless they were when his home was burglarized. (If you’ve seen “Irresponsible,” you know where they were.) Although the Miniature Pinscher is no longer alive, I was delighted to see his crew of two Dobermans — and even more entertained by someone’s comment stating, “How long did it take for this to happen? Ur dogs are insane.”
If you own a dog, you understand the feeling. Trying to avoid the red eyes and gold eyes, and wiggling away when your dog jumps on you (or the photographer), is a full-time job. No matter what pet photographers make, they deserve a raise.
That Kevin Hart picture (and story) sent me down a rabbit hole of my favorite celebrities and their dogs on social media platforms. This may be my new favorite thing to do on social media (besides argue on Twitter).
- Yes, Marcus Scribner, your dog’s head is definitely monstrous. But what ever happened to the “Gucci” dog on “Black-Ish” and where is Zeus these days?
- Of course “A Late Show” (the social isolation version of “The Late Show”) is fun to watch, but Benny running in to ruin Stephen Colbert’s shot has rivaled his opening monologues. (And no knock to “POD Save America,” but the dog flex at the end was the perfect close.)
- Everything Lena Waithe affiliates herself with is a hit for me, so I’m very proud to have been one of many “suckas” who got a Merry Christmas wish from Simone.
- Speaking of Christmas, Kash has a plotting expression — even if this pup is on the “nice” list. But what the Queen (i.e. Queen Latifah) says goes!
- Considering how much Cameron Hamilton clowned another lady on Netflix’s “Love Is Blind” for talking about people who yell at dogs, it is glorious to see Lauren talked him into getting a dog anyway. Sparx looks like a good time, especially with the cone on.
- Mario is bragging about his dog Haley on a plane and on magazine covers. You know you love your dog when you start wiping sleep out of her eyes!
- We’ve all had a lazy Saturday. We just haven’t had one hanging out in Halle Berry’s home. And even when her dog is awake, this pup still looks unbothered and rested.
- I love everything Tessa Thompson does (minus that bizarre bra and bullets scene in “Sorry to Bother You”), but this dog is pretty adorable. I do think she should add a dog picture to the wall with the cats, but hey, her house, her business.
- If you’ve read Trevor Noah’s amazing book “Born a Crime,” then you already know the heartfelt and traumatic story of Fufi. He discussed it on “Between the Scenes.” That hasn’t stopped him from making kissy faces at random dogs and posting dogs from TikTok all over his Instagram account.
- As dumb as I thought Netflix’s “Spenser Confidential” was going to be, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Mark Wahlberg and Winston Duke did a great job in this oddball ex-cop buddy flick. Quite frankly though, I was checking out Spenser the dog, who apparently pooped on Duke’s arm. The “daily dose of Reiki” may have relaxed the old dog a wee bit too much, but it was fun to watch.
- My gawd, Mac is such a cutie, and I see why Desus Nice (from “Desus & Mero”) brags about that dog so much. Mac even has a “Desus & Mero” outfit because the brand is so strong.
- And as much as I get tired of folks dressing dogs like little human beings, I can’t even knock Missy Misdemeanor Elliott’s outfit for Ms. Fendi.
- Last but certainly not least, the amount of matching outfits that Phor (Chicago rapper from the cast of “Black Ink Chicago”) and his dog Berry have is amazing. Even his brother, Don, is sold on Berry’s cuteness.
Got any favorite celebrity dogs you want to add? Tell me in the comment section.