With token holders eager to start staking their NEAR, we’ve prepared this staking guide to make the process as simple as possible.
What is NEAR
Near Protocol is a community-owned, highly scalable(shared) public Proof-of-Stake blockchain. Find out more about NEAR Protocol here.
Near Platform is a decentralized platform, built on Near Protocol, which offers a lot of perks to developers that are looking for scalability, decentralization, and a wide range of developer-friendly tools to help them create and launch DApps.
How to Delegate NEAR
- Go to the NEAR wallet and access your account. You should use a Ledger device to connect to your wallet. If you’re just now creating your NEAR Wallet make sure to check out this guide.
2. After successfully connecting to your wallet, head over to Dokia Capital’s Staking Dashboard, select NEAR, then hit the “DELEGATE NOW” button.
3. Now it’s time to pick your validator.
4. Choose your preferred staking method. For a smooth and simple process, we recommend you select the web interface.
5. Select your authentication method. This guide is for Ledger, as we consider this the safest rute, but you have alternatives.
6. In order to connect your wallet you need to unlock the Ledger device and open the Near app. If you skipped step 1 and did not authorize the Ledger device in your NEAR wallet, then you need to do so now.
8. Choose how many NEAR tokens you want to stake.
9. If you don’t have a Staking Pool Account ID selected in your Lockup contract, you will have to do so now, in order to make your validator selection official. The staking dashboard makes this process super easy! Just hit “NEXT”, then “SIGN THE TRANSACTION”, and approve it on your Ledger.
Now you’ll be redirected to Step 8 and you will have to introduce the amount that you want to stake. You will see a confirmation that you have successfully set a Staking Pool Account ID in your Lockup contract and that your delegation will go to that Staking Pool Account ID.
10. Click “SIGN THE TRANSACTION” and approve it on your Ledger.
And you’re done! You now can access your Staking Dashboard that will show you some useful stats: Account ID, Account Balance, Total Staked Balance, and your delegation details.
Learn more about Near:
Learn more about Dokia Capital: