To our users who host their websites and blogs on Squarespace, here’s a quick guide on how to integrate Donorbox donation forms and accept recurring donations on your Squarespace website. If you prefer, you can watch our integration video guide instead — it will walk you through the donation form integration process in just under 2 minutes!
- Go to your Donorbox dashboard and click the “Embed Form” button by the campaign you want to integrate into your Squarespace website.
2. Copy your recurring donation form’s embed code.
3. Go to your SquareSpace editor and find or create the Squarespace donation page on which you want the recurring donation form to appear. Click “Edit” on the appropriate content box.
4. Click on the teardrop shaped buttons in the left-hand side of the text box (see image below) to display the different content blocks you can choose from.
5. Scroll down to the “More” section to click on the “Code” icon.
6. Paste your embed code in the “Code” text box and click the “Apply” button.
7. Publish your updated Squarespace website, and that’s it! Check out Lalela’s website for an example of what your Squarespace recurring donation page should look like:
Turn on SSL
Squarespace now automatically generates SSL certificates for Squarespace and third-party domains, to allow your visitors to view your website securely over an HTTPS connection. Squarespace offers two different SSL security settings, be sure to activate the “Secure” setting. To do so, click the “Settings” button on your Home Menu. Then, under “Website”, click “Security & SSL”, and choose the “Secure” setting under “Security Preference” (see image below). Remember, in order to reduce risks, Donorbox requires that a webpage be SSL secured before you can embed a donation form onto it.
This integration guide was originally published on the Donorbox Nonprofit Tips Blog.