About Expo EAS Build
What is EAS Build?
EAS Build is a hosted service for building app binaries for Expo and React Native projects.
🚀 Using this has the following advantages.
- It’s very easy to build apps for deployment by processing signature credentials.
- You can include libraries with native code that aren’t part of the Expo standard library
- You can reduce the app capacity.
- You can easily share test builds with colleagues without going through the app store.
- You can build all platforms with just one command.
If one of the above reasons is considered convenient, it is sufficient to use the EAS build.
- EAS build is a paid service. You have to pay Priority plants from your Expo account.
The first month is free and as of November 4, 2021, you have to pay $29 a month.
Please check the link below for the detailed cost.
Expo Application Services (EAS) Pricing
Priority build infrastructure During peak hours, developers on a free plan often need to wait 10 or 20 minutes before…
2. An Expo account and Android and iOS developer accounts are required.
3. Support for Expo managed projects is available as of SDK 41
How to use
1. Install the EAS CLI
Install the EAS CLI by entering the command below in the terminal.
npm install -g eas-clioryarn global add eas-cli
2. Log in to your Expo account
Enter the command below to the terminal and log in with your Expo account.
3. Create a configuration file
Enter the command below in the terminal to create a configuration file.
Detailed preferences can be found on this link.
4. Run a build
Before the build can start. you’ll need to generate or porivde app signing credentials.
Build the app by entering the command below in the terminal.
Alternatively, you can build it directly for each platform without selecting.
eas build --platform androidoreas build --platform iosoreas build --platform all
If the app has an account in Organizations, you must add owner to the Expo configuration.
Otherwise, an error occurs that you do not have access.
Open app.json or app.config.js to add owner.
Expo Application Services (EAS): Build and Submit
Today we’re excited to announce the public preview of two brand new services: EAS Build and Submit. These are the first…