Launching the third round of Fairer Tech Events Grants
Nearly a year ago, we launched our Fairer Tech Events grant. You can read more about the purpose behind them here, but in short, one of the things we are working on at Doteveryone is how to improve the culture and practices of the tech industry so that it is more responsible and more accountable. Tech events are one area of tech culture that are ripe for change, and these grants are all about supporting people who are thinking ethically and fairly about how they design them. Each time we do a call out we award three applicants £500 each, and so far we’ve awarded grants to six brilliant initiatives, including Non Binary In Tech, Afrotech Fest and the NHS Hack Day in Cardiff.
Today we are launching our third call out.
If you’re organising a fairer tech event and need support to make this happen, you can apply using the form here. The deadline for applying is 5pm on May 11th.
Here is a reminder of some of the types of activities we’re looking to support:
– Creche facilities to ensure parents can attend or speak at your event
– Speaker training for people who might not have ever spoken in front of crowds before
– Bursaries to ensure speakers and interns are paid fairly for their time
– Subsidised travel for people who live outside an event’s host city
– Resources that improve accessibility, including sign language interpreters, venues, transport, audio description, etc.
– Funding for ethical technology sessions that teach more about empowering and protecting people online
Any questions, please get in touch with email@example.com