The Significance of a UI/UX Design
When you say you’re a web designer, it can be very vague because the term itself is a general term as there are different types of web designing, and one of them is the UI/UX Designing.
Here in Dotweblabs, we believe that one must incorporate UI/UX Design with their website or apps, so that it will help them stand out and be different from all of those other companies or businesses. But why UI/UX Design though?
Firstly, let’s run down the basics of what UI and UX stands for. They are always used together and interchangeably, but let’s not confuse them both for they are two different words and terms.
- UI, stands for User Interface and is focused on the design of the website page, and overall look. This will include the web pages, screens, buttons, and other visual elements in the website, or even an app.
The designer should be able to integrate the client’s concept and what they think will go well for the user satisfaction. It sounds intimidating, but if you’re quite familiar with designs it will be an accomplishment for being able to do it. The UI is applied for any websites, applications, and mostly any digital type of products that interacts with users.
- While UX, is all about the User Experience Design and is about how the screen design will be laid out for the navigation of users. The UX Designers will make sure that every visual element possesses their proper functions so that navigation throughout the page will be done smoothly and easy. So we can say UI and UX come hand in hand, for the users will be communicating through the UI while UX will be making the stay for the user effortless.
“It is not enough that we build products that function, that are understandable and usable, we also need to build products that bring joy and excitement, pleasure and fun, and, yes, beauty to people’s lives.” –Don Norman
That is what the UI/UX designers aim to, which is to listen to client’s need while being different but homogeneous to bind the idea of the client along with what the designers thinks the website needs, to achieve being pleasant to the users of the website. Getting a UI/UX design for your applications and websites bring out their full potential because;
- They’re now quick and efficient, since according to General Web Design Stats;
- Given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain.
- 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content/layout is unattractive.
With these numbers we can verify that most users do get attracted if a website is beautifully designed, and will further engage if the content and layout is designed properly.
- Responsive sites gets more traffic since more than 65% of people prefer to read a UX-optimized site over a plain webpage.
You can be assured that more people will be checking out your websites if you are UX-optimized as they prefer it over a plain one.
In conclusion after all the work of creating the perfect website or application, with software and design, in the end it will be centered on user’s experience because they are the ones who should be able to use your product with ease, and that’s what the UI/UX design is for; to create a website or application with design that will attract users, and a well-thought out UX design that will help users navigate and use it with ease.
A great app starts with a great UI/UX design. Let us help you bring out the potential of your apps or websites. Contact us to get a solution for your specific case. If you wish to know more, and have questions you can contact us!