It’s Back! Announcing the Second Annual Dreamforce Women’s Leadership Summit — Equality for All
By Leyla Seka, SVP and GM, Desk.com
Today is Women’s Equality Day, designated by the President of the United States to commemorate women’s right to vote throughout the country. This seems like just the right occasion to announce the second annual Women’s Leadership Summit at Dreamforce on October 6!
At Salesforce, we believe that a diverse and equitable workplace fosters innovation and creativity — in fact equality is critical to our business — which is why we’ve made equality a core value for the company. In this past year, Salesforce took a stance against the discriminatory legislation in Indianapolis and Georgia and committed to Equal Pay for Women.
This year, we are excited to take the conversation at the Women’s leadership Summit to the next level, by raising awareness around equality, and the business drivers for diversity and inclusion. With a full day of programming, the Summit will focus on Workplace Equality, Leadership Equality and Economic Equality. Attendees will hear from the women and men who are blazing new trails when it comes to equality and learn how embracing inclusion and diversity positively impacts every aspect of business.
We have an amazing lineup of speakers. Here’s a sneak peak:
- Billie Jean King, Sports Icon & Humanitarian, blazed trails for women’s equality in sports
- Patricia Arquette, Academy Award Winner and Activist, will join us again to speak about the fight for equal pay
- Rep. John Lewis, Representative of the 5th Congressional District of Georgia, co-author of the #1 New York Times bestselling graphic novel memoir trilogy March, and beloved Civil Rights leader who has been called the “conscience of the U.S. Congress”
- Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, Founder of The Boardlist, a LinkedIn-like tool that matches peer-endorsed women with companies seeking board diversity
- Lilly Ledbetter, Equality Activist and trailblazer at the center of the historic discrimination case that inspired the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, Barack Obama’s first official piece of legislation as president
- And a host of business leaders that happen to be women, including, Robin Washington, Chief Financial Officer of Gilead Life Sciences and Melanie Whelan, CEO of Soulcycle
Dreamforce is the largest software event in the world, making it an amazing platform for igniting change in the tech industry which, let’s face it, has a diversity problem. The brightest minds and biggest companies in tech will be here, giving us a unique opportunity to come together and tackle these critical issues. Dreamforce 2016 will be held October 4–7 in San Francisco, CA.
Originally published at www.salesforce.com.