Biweekly updates 11.12–11.25
- In the midst of the blockchain winter, our development team is working on DREP at full gear. “Reputation Mining” internal testing is operating in full swing, so come gain your reputation points and mine for DREP rewards!
- DREP was invited to participate in a community debate with blockchain-focused media Block45 to discuss whether protocol layer would be more valuable than application layer in the future. Led by DREP’s CMO Belinda, our pro-protocol team won the debate!
- DREP’s first CBO Jesse made his AMA debut in the DREP Global Telegram Group on Nov. 15th. Thanks to the enthusiastic participation of members from China and abroad, DREP’s English community’s activity rate was brought to the top of the list!
- DREP’sCo-founder Momo and CMO Belinda were invited to visit HKBnews, a well-known media under an established Korean real-estate company, for an interview video on DREP’s commercial applications and its marketing strategy, available on DREP’s official Twitter and Facebook page.
- Led by co-founder Xiaolong, DREP team completed their investigation on Hainan, a future potential hotbed for blockchain industry development. We visited and learned about the Hainan Ecological Software Park and some of its supporting policies to attract the blockchain industry; we believe this is a good sign for blockchain in China.
- In the effort of keeping up to date with community feedbacks, DREP co-founder Xiaolong has launched his own Twitter account, and will be updating his views on the industry trend and share the results of DREP products. Stay tuned!
To conclude, the DREP team has been working relentlessly to improve its technology and expand our influence in the community as well as the developer community, therefore laying a solid foundation for the DREP platform and the blockchain 3.0 ecosystem.
In the midst of the blockchain winter, our development team is working on DREP at full gear. So far, our team has completed:
- 144 modifications of main/sub branch publications
- 78 merger requests, 23 mergers
- 60 internal releases generated and deployed
- Accessed command line tool, support user account creation, balance inquiry, submitting transactions and other basic operations using input commands.
- Builded cross-chain account system so that users can create sub-chain accounts associated with their main accounts on DREP Root Network. The generated sub-account and the main account are both interconnected and independent to a certain extent, guaranteeing convenience as well as safety.
- Implemented functions of local keystore file storage and loading account information.
- Provided the structure of transaction and block field for DREP browser queries.
- Added http request interface for communication between IPC processes, facilitating future information transmission.
- Started refactoring the engineering code framework for overall optimization.
- Solved the problem of multiple docker containers running simultaneously and successfully extracted ‘makefile’ with docker containers to package multiple executable processes.
- Under the current mileage, all development tasks of ‘Reputation Mining’ have been completed and uploaded online for internal testing, we welcome your attention and participation.
- Developed a Web client-end application for DREP block browser.
HKBNEWS | DREP’s latest interview is out!
DREP’s Co-founder MoMo and CMO Belinda were invited to visit HKBnews, a well-known media under an established Korean real-estate company, for an interview video on DREP’s DREP’s commercial applications and its marketing strategy, available on DREP’s official Twitter and Facebook page.
“DREP is actively staging in emerging markets such as Australia or the Middle East to find better technology solutions for DREP project.” Momo said. “We already have established partnerships with top Internet platforms in Australia for DREP token use scenarios.” “There are currently more than 30 members within the DREP data ecosystem, covering areas such as intellectual property protection, identity verification, and internet platforms with their own user traffic.” Belinda said, added that in South Korea, the Blockchain hotbed, many traditional enterprises are also exploring how to transform blockchain. As a result, DREP is also actively developing the Korean market as a technical service provider.”
DREP was invited to participate in Block45 community debate
DREP was invited to participate in a community debate with blockchain-focused media Block45 to discuss whether protocol layer would be more valuable than application layer in the future. Led by DREP’s CMO Belinda, our pro-protocol team won the debate. Belinda discussed her views from four dimensions: market, barrier, risk and benefit.
1. Protocol layer applications deal withthe issues of privacy protection, scalability, and such issues exist throughout the whole industry. The market volume is even much larger than a single DAPP. In addition, the protocol layer has a centralized token incentive for the world developersto participate in, therefore market has immense prospects.
2. Developing an APP or Dapp alone is easier, while developing a protocol has a much higher barrier of entry. The fact that there’s a scarcity of targeted talent on the market, and a high technology barrier of entry itself would increase the value of the protocol layer.
3. According to DAPPRadar, currently DAPPs have a 90% mortality rate and a 98% user churn rate within three months. Even some of the most popular gambling DAPP games are often short-lived. The protocol layer is an infrastructure that can be reused at a higher rate, and is therefore relatively more stable.
4. The logic of Dubai’s success in the desert is this: Build it, and they will come. We first build the infrastructure, then we can start doing business. Similarly, the protocol layer is the key to success, and DAPP will always be a subset.
DREP Research Trip to Hainan, Chinese SandBox of Blockchain Revolution
Led by co-founder Xiaolong, DREP team completed their investigation on Hainan, a future potential hot bed for blockchain industry development. We visited and learned about the Hainan Ecological Software Park and some of its supporting policies to attract the blockchain industry.
We learned that in Hainan Ecological Software Park, known as “Hainan Free Trade Zone (Port) blockchain experiment zone”, top Internet companies like Huobi China (headquarter), Bibox (Hainan) , Mars Finance (headquarter), 360 blockchain, Xunlei blockchain and even the likes of Baidu, Tencent. The 3 eco-park leaders, including Vice General Manager Hu Tao, Marketing Director Huang Rui, marketing manager Wang Piao hostedthe DREP research team, and introduced the policy, facilities and talent welfares in detail. The park has also been promoting the establishment of blockchain talent transfer mechanism with universities, in addition to establishing cooperation with top Chinese universities such as Tsinghua University and Renmin University, the Eco Park has also jointly set up the “Oxford Hainan blockchain institute” with the University of Oxford, with the intention of researching and landing flagship blockchain applications in Hainan.
DREP CBO AMA Debut, Community Enthusiasm Reaching All-time High
DREP’s first CBO (Chief BusinessOfficer) Jesse Liu’s first presence at the DREP Global Telegraph Group’s AMA was warmly supported and attended by members of both the Chinese and overseas groups. In this Q&A session, Jesse answered questions from community members about DREP’s new business development strategy, marketing activities, and exchange listing plans. Community members also asked questions about technology, and our co-founder, Xiaolong Xu, showed up on the Telegram Group and answered questions. The AMA has been very informative and gave the community a better understanding of the DREP team’s progress so far. For details of this AMA, please refer to the article in our DREP-family publication:
DREP Launches its Technology Column on Blockchain Content Media Bihu
DREP’s official account on Bihu is launched on November 19,2018.
Bihu, Chinese version of Steemit, is a vertical blockchain-based content platform. Invited by Bihu, DREP launches its technology column and will share more insightful updates from both Xiaolong and the team.
In the future, we will work closely with each other to produce blockchain bite-sized knowledge, especially for the needs of the DREP developer community, as well as synchronize the latest online activities. Stay tuned!
DREP’s co-founder Xiaolong has opened his own Twitter account
In order to get closer with the community, Xiaolong (@Xiaolongxu5) has opened his own Twitter account to share more of his technology insights and views in the space.
His account has immediately been brought to the attention and we can’t wait for what he would share later.
A bit about Xiaolong — he is a co-founder atDREP foundation and former lead developer at Qtum. He personally has also been advisors to several well-known blockchain projects. After graduating from the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xiaolong joined Microsoft and Tencent Timi Studio, and is currently a member of the China Electronics Association blockchain Expert Committee and an instructor at NODE Accelerator.
Please stay tuned to more of his future sharings.
DREP CSDN Technology Column Set Sail, Bringing Knowledge to the Masses
Following Xiaolong’s technical articles being well received on the Chinese blockchain media platform Golden Finance, DREP’s articles are also welcomed on CSDN (China Software Developer Network), which is a very influential and well-known IT professional and technical community in China. Momo’s Australian strategy article, “DREP Strategy | Why we target Australia amongst all the rising blockchain markets?” and Xiaolong’s technical article “Decentralized Identity — Ushering in an Era of Transferrable IDs” have received warm feedbacks.
Having these publications being well-received on more platforms will further enhance DREP’s market impact and pave the way for future marketing strategies and business expansion.
Before the end, we would like to share another piece of exciting news with our community. Our CBO Jesse nailed a very promising MoU with this Australian-based company!! More information about this partnership will be shared on our Medium later. Please stay tuned with our latest updates!
The above is the content of our secondbiweekly updates. Whether it is technical development or business influence, DREP is always on the road! Let’s look forward to more exciting news in the next updates!
ABOUT DREP Foundation
DREP Foundation is devoted to building a performance-oriented technology infrastructure supporting high transaction capacity for an ecosystem generating valuable reputation data. Focusing on two industry pain points: lack of user adoption and low transaction throughput, DREP Foundation aims to provide highly scalable, modular blockchain architecture for deployment of a reputation protocol that any types of platforms can use.
DREP envisions a global plan to empower a wide array of platforms to have tokenized reputation ecosystem deployed on top of DREP Chain, which is secure, scalable and reputation data supportive.
Reach us on social channels
Website — www.drep.org
Telegram — https://t.me/drep_foundation
Twitter — twitter.com/drep_foundation
Reddit — www.reddit.com/user/DREP-FOUNDATION/
Medium — medium.com/@DREP_Foundation
Linkedin — www.linkedin.com/company/drep-foundation/
Steemit — https://steemit.com/@drepfoundation