DREP Biweekly Updates 2018.12.24–2019.1.6
First of all, we would like to send every community member and supporter a sincere New Year greeting! At the turn of this year, let us march into new expectations and mutual progress.
The following content covers about the past two weeks of development and community activities. Enjoy!
In terms of development work, the DREP team successfully completed the mission of publishing the Testnet 1.0 in Q4 2018 and completed the development of the DREP Browser.
The Testnet Darwin will open source at the end of January. In addition, we take into account the needs of enterprise customers, and constantly update the product direction of the reputation protocol, adding new features and functions.
In terms of community work, the recent DREP Mining and Testnet TPS quiz contest have been in full swing. The Telegram group also shows a lively scene.
- The DREP Mining round 2 has been successfully completed
- Testnet peak TPS number announced and well received by community and industry alike
- Testnet 1.0 Darwin officially launched and recognized by industry KOLs
DREP Testnet was launched ahead of schedule but this is only the first step for our development team. Subsequent technical iterations and technological innovations will follow up to deliver a better result.
- Launch DREP Testnet · Darwin.
- Perform a load test on Darwin and improve performance based on the test results. (We guess the improved TPS performance could be seen from the TPS guessing game;)
- Optimize the network layer code, manage the connection life cycle, develop the network layer operation method for the upper layer through the addition and deletion of interfaces, and connect to enhance the network concurrency.
- Optimize the consensus message transmission, increase the message check, remove the invalid expired message, and coordinate the message sending interval to obtain a more stable block generation.
Front end Progress:
- Adjust the DREP Mining UI and tasks with a touch Christmas festive vibes, and launch Mining Round 2. The new event page fits in time and is more welcoming.
- Adjust the DREP Browser responsive interface and launch to test the front end of Network 1.0. The new page is here:
- Prepare DREP Mining for a sustainable online presence, such as daily sign-in tasks. The coming iteration of DREP Mining will be more stable and more importantly, the cumulative reputation we intend to launch is also more suitable for long-term development.
The recent DREP Mining Testnet and TPS quiz contest have been in full swing. The Telegram group also shows a lively scene. On the 8th, our Telegram activity has increased twofold.
Round 2 Mining Finished with more than 8,000 participants and peak TPS announced and well received by community and industry alike
The DREP Mining Round 2 has successfully come to a close on January 8. Since December 23, the event has attracted a large number of participants from all over the world. Every day DREP can receive various tasks submitted by miners and evaluation of Testnet and mining activities. Constructive opinions show the great enthusiasm and creativity of the participants.
The most noteworthy aspect of this event is the peak TPS guess. Participants have a chance to guess the peak TPS of the DREP Testnet on drep.me at a certain timing and win 1 BTC and DREP tokens. According to statistics, by 23:59 on January 7, 2019, more than 8,000 users from all over the world have registered.
Due to the warm response from this Mining, we will consider similar activities for the coming launch of DREP Testnet 2.0.
Feel free to check out the TPS game result on below-
To celebrate the successful launch of DREP Testnet, DREP Mining launched a TPS guess game to engage the community about…medium.com
Testnet 1.0 Darwin officially launched and recognized by industry KOLs
At 8pm, December 28, 2018, Darwin, the much anticipated DREP Testnet, was officially launched.
As the cornerstone of DREP’s commercialization, DREP integrates existing technologies and incorporates several breakthrough technological innovations in the Testnet, including Hook technology (multiplier effect of data processing capability), reputation system and POR (intelligent user incentives, account privacy models, parameters can be customized and other features). In addition, DREP also announced that the Testnet will be open source in January 2019, and will also release command line tools and RPC documents for users to access the Testnet.
Once the news was announced, it received much attention. The industry media such as BlockGlobe, Jinse Finance, ODaily reported it for the first time.
Many influencial people and KOL of the industry also expressed their optimism about DREP, and voiced for the Testnet Darwin regarding DREP’s technology strength and company direction.
At 8pm on December 28, 2018, Darwin, the much anticipated DREP Testnet, was officially launched.medium.com
In the 2019 strategy previously announced by DREP, the first goal — Testnet 1.0 has been accomplished. The next big thing is the exchange in the 1st Quarter 2019, which is also the most anticipated by the majority of DREP community and supporters.
What surprises will DREP will bring to us? Let us wait and see.
The above is the entire content of the biweekly report for the past 2 weeks. During the period, we walked through 2018 together and ushered in 2019.
The milestones have achieved one by one and we plan to accomplish many more. DREP’s ideal blockchain ecosystem is gradually taking shape. Without everyone’s support, we could not have gone this far.
In the new year, hope everyone continue to move forward. DREP will cross the bulls and bears with you.
ABOUT DREP Foundation
DREP Foundation is devoted to building a performance-oriented technology infrastructure supporting high transaction capacity for an ecosystem generating valuable reputation data. Focusing on two industry pain points: lack of user adoption and low transaction throughput, DREP Foundation aims to provide highly scalable, modular blockchain architecture for deployment of a reputation protocol that any types of platforms can use.
DREP envisions a global plan to empower a wide array of platforms to have tokenized reputation ecosystem deployed on top of DREP Chain, which is secure, scalable and reputation data supportive.