DREP Biweekly Updates 2019.02.19–2019.03.08
Cheery Monday from DREP team!
The following is the development progress and marketing activity of DREP in the past two weeks. Please review and share.
| The infrastructure on DREP Chain is making steady progress as database’s fault tolerance and robustness increasing.
| The interface of DREP Wallet has been completed with a default configuration available in the first activation.
| DREP reveals 2nd batch of strategic investment institutions.
| Keystore members visited DREP to exchange views on the latest development in crypto assets management softwares.
| DREP core team held a blockchain gaming roundtable with elites from Blockchain.
DREP is about to complete the development of Testnet 2.0 — Riemann soon. Our technical team is working hard to wrap up both the front-end and back-end development. Please be rest assured that new functions would be unveiled in the upcoming days.
- Increase transaction operations for database to rollback to the designated node, improving the database’s fault tolerance and robustness.
- Enhance treatment for spotted abnormal block, and expand the chain storage structure from linea into dendrite to initially solve the problem of bifurcation of chain and then verify the sub-chain block.
- Reconstruct code, separate consensus, clients, virtual machines and then abstract interface.
- Optimize consent messages, save the messages during the consent interval, reduce the possibility of consensus failure, and stabilize the block rate.
- Optimize block synchronization mechanism. Due to network conditions, when program runs for a long time, the height of local block and remote block may be inconsistent. In this case, the logic needs a pause for synchronization.
- Update REST’s interface and document for server’s HTTP service simultaneously.
- Research Jekins program to keep continuous integration.
- Reconstruct and adjust the structure of program code, increase the RPC interface code after program reconstruction.
- Sort out documents regarding Json-RPC interprocess communication interface, test the newly added RPC interface and update documents.
- Improve wallet interface, a default configuration is ready in the first activation.
- Optimize the location of Backup and Password to improve user experience.
- Add instruction for users who install the wallet for the first time, making it easier for them to use.
3. Create a Wallet management page and enrich its functions according to the design draft.
4. Complete mailbox verification, which includes back-end storage, API interface and front-end page functions.
5. Optimize structure to prepare for product updates in the future.
DREP reveals 2nd batch of strategic investment
Recently, DREP officially revealed the 2nd batch of strategic investment institutions and exchanges including Huobi Global Ecosystem Fund, CoinW, Qtum and Element Ventures. Back in August, DREP announced the first batch which includes 360 Innovation Capital, Longlink Fund, Collinstar and OneBoat Capital.
Huobi Global Ecosystem Fund is established to invest in the upstream and downstream global blockchain industry and aims to connect Huobi Group and Huobi Eco partners. CoinW is a global digital asset exchange platform based in Hongkong built by state-owned enterprise. Qtum Foundation is a world-renowned public blockchain platform, which is committed to build a cross-industry decentralized application platform. Element Ventures is a Singaporean digital assets fund specialized in top-level blockchain start-up.
Keystore members visited DREP to exchange views on the latest development in crypto assets management softwares
On February 26th, co-founder, Xiaolong hosted members from Keystore. Two parties conducted productive discussions on blockchain digital assets. During the meeting, Xiaolong elaborated on topics closely related to Keystore’s businesses, including asset security and transfer, asset integration on multi-chains by adopting one ID system, etc.
It is reported that Keystore is a crypto asset management software start-up invested by Fenbushi Capital.
DREP is to attend the Dubai Future Blockchain Summit in early April
On February 27th, DREP CMO Belinda attended Future Blockchain Summit Shanghai Meetup. After the meeting, Belinda held talks with Ms Nisha Ramisetty, the Director at Dubai World Trade Center. Ms Nisha Ramisetty highly praised DREP’s dedication to the field of digital identity, and revealed that Dubai is in need of such service.
DREP team reportedly is invited to the Dubai Future Blockchain Summit in early April to seek more potential connections with both governments and enterprises.
DREP core team held a blockchain gaming roundtable
On the evening of March 1st, DREP’s core team, represented by Xiaolong hosted elites from blockchain gaming, including Patrick from Qtum, Elvis Zhou from Tencent Game, Dehao Li from Netease Werewolf, Yang Song from Le-Block, Alice Yang from JDEX & INBlockchain, Biao Long from Neoworld and Xuanfeng Hu from Game Farmer.They gathered together and talked openly about blockchain gaming and gave their insightful opinions in this regard. By the end of this gathering, consensus was reached, the willingness to go further and establish cooperation in the future was expressed.
The above is the full content of this week’s biweekly report. Thanks to everyone’s continued attention to DREP, DREP’s targeted ecosystem is gradually enriched and expanded.
We cannot have gone this far with the support of community. If you have any cooperation proposals and suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or @foundationdrep on Twitter. We will reply as soon as possible.
ABOUT DREP Foundation
DREP Foundation is devoted to building a performance-oriented technology infrastructure supporting high transaction capacity for an ecosystem generating valuable reputation data. Focusing on two industry pain points: lack of user adoption and low transaction throughput, DREP Foundation aims to provide highly scalable, modular blockchain architecture for deployment of a reputation protocol that any types of platforms can use.
DREP envisions a global plan to empower a wide array of platforms to have tokenized reputation ecosystem deployed on top of DREP Chain, which is secure, scalable and reputation data supportive.