DREP Weekly Update 8.24–9.30
The test net has been completed 70%. Network problems have been properly handled, and the long-awaited reputation mining H5 is being further optimized.
1. The NAT penetration has been solved to improve user’s experience in IPv4 environment. The code is now being debugged.
2. EVM code continues to debug. Due to vitality of smart contracts, we need to test it continually.
3. Logic of offline nodes is being optimized to improve the stability of the network and shard structure.
1. The reputation mining main body has been completed and fully implemented component driving.
2. Task refresh mechanism in reputation mining has been optimized to make reputation acquisition more intuitive.
1. On September 27, DREP announced its strategic collaboration with blockchain associations from Kyunghee University and Sungkyunkwan University, 2 of Top 10 universities in Korea. DREP will take the lead and facilitate relevant research in fields with the likes of sharding, cross-chain protocol and cryptography. This successful inking of partnership with higher institutions echoes with DREP’s role as the first Blockchain Apprentice Facility for Nanyang Technology Innovation Center. Talents in blockchain development has been a scarce resource and university courses rarely touches upon hands-on experience. To address that, DREP will also launch a series of courses and workshops in the future for the aspiring developer community regarding sharding, cross-chain and secure multi-party computing.
2.On September 28, DREP co-founder Xiaolong published the second half of his technical article “Cross-Chain: A Bridge Connecting Isolated Islands of Values”. This article analyzes the current use application status of cross-chain technology from multiple angles. More importantly, it reveals DREP’s vision that we aim to translate reputation into a kind of wealth and help unleash the value. Content or users with high reputation value will be rewarded accordingly, hence pushing forward a positive development in the ecosystem.
3. On September 24, DREP opens up its Medium Publication “DREP Family” and recruit community members to contribute their articles up there. The community can register themselves as writers and submit their articles about reputation, algorithm and blockchain technology. DREP Publication welcomes articles in different languages. For more info, please click:
4. From September 25 to October 23, DREP launched the “Wear Your Design” t-shirt design Competition for creative DREPers.
Community partners are free to create any T-shirt design with DREP-related content. You can submit as many as you want. We appreciate all original works with unique personality and originality!
For more information, please click below:
Wear Your Design — — DREP T-shirt Design Competition
Dear DREPers, starting from NOW until October 16th, DREP T-shirt Design Competition invites you to create design of…
5. On September 26, we selected the latest 4 community members from the Twitter Slogan Campaign and displayed the vote results. Please find the details below:
ABOUT DREP Foundation
DREP Foundation is devoted to building a performance-oriented technology infrastructure supporting high transaction capacity for an ecosystem generating valuable reputation data. Focusing on two industry pain points: lack of user adoption and low transaction throughput, DREP Foundation aims to provide highly scalable, modular blockchain architecture for deployment of a reputation protocol that any types of platforms can use.
DREP envisions a global plan to empower a wide array of platforms to have tokenized reputation ecosystem deployed on top of DREP Chain, which is secure, scalable and reputation data supportive.
Reach us on social channels
Website — www.drep.org
Telegram — https://t.me/drep_foundation
Twitter — twitter.com/drep_foundation
Reddit — www.reddit.com/user/DREP-FOUNDATION/
Medium — medium.com/@DREP_Foundation
Linkedin — www.linkedin.com/company/drep-foundation/
Steemit — https://steemit.com/@drepfoundation