How to write for the GDSC Journal PoliMi
The guide to start your writing journey on Medium with Google DSC PoliMi
If you are a PoliMi student passionate about tech and are looking to write about it, the GDSC Journal is the right place for you. We want to help you reach out to more people and gain more visibility on Medium!
Things you need to know before submitting
Before submitting your article, be sure to read each point and check them before any submission:
- Make sure your article follows the Medium’s Rules and Terms of Services. GDSC PoliMi Journal is a Medium publication and every article on this journal must comply with Medium’s policies.
- You own the rights to your article and, you are responsible for the content you post.
- We also adopted the Medium’s Curation Guidelines for every article we accept to publish.
- You can make minor edits to an already-published article as long as they respect our rules.
- As part of a GDSC community, your article must comply with these Google Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policies.
- Every article you write must be available for free, so you can’t earn money through the Medium Partner Program writing for the GDSC Journal.
- Should our editorial team find any violations of the rules above, they can remove your article from the GDSC Journal.
Tips and Tricks
We encourage you to engage in this initiative, so do not be afraid to submit your article to us. We are a student community, and we are all trying to learn as much as possible, so we have included some tips and tricks about writing an article on Medium:
- Media: Use as much media content (Images, GIFs, Charts, etc.) as you want, but be mindful about their quantity and quality. Be careful about content rights whenever you share media you do not own. We suggest you use pictures from stock images websites like Unsplash but also, in this case, make sure to add a caption where you cite the photographer like in the example below.
- Grammar and spelling: exception for native speakers, everyone may make errors while writing, so we highly recommend the use of tools like Grammarly, which may help you find the correct words for your article while avoiding unnecessary mistakes.
- Avoid plagiarism and cite your sources: When writing an article, you can get inspiration from anything you want. However, be careful not to plagiarize and include all the necessary sources you used to get your info and ensure their reliability and veracity.
Review and submit
When you are satisfied with your article, you can submit it on this form. Make sure you fill it out with the appropriate information, and we will get back to you with the next steps and suggestions via email.
The Google DSC PoliMi Core Team