RD Spotlight: Ryann Kipping, RDN
Ryann Kipping is a plant-based dietitian specializing in pregnancy/lactation and weight loss. In this story, she explained how she incorporated EatLove PRO in various workspaces.
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
I use EatLove in a variety of ways! First, I use it in partnership with Eat Clean Meal Prep, a company here locally in San Diego (my current city of residence). Secondly, I use it to help me build menus for a recovery center I am a contract dietitian for in Texas (my home state). Lastly, I use it for my own private practice, Nutrition by Ryann. My speciality is pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and lactation nutrition. I am passionate about disease prevention, and the best time to start preventing disease is in the womb. I also currently help people with weight loss, maintenance, and transitioning into a plant-based diet. I have recently released a free “Beginners Guide to a Plant-Based Diet”, which I am really excited about.
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
I love SO many things about being a dietitian! The best part is being able to help people with one of the most important components of our lives, good health.
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
Almost every client wants and could benefit from a meal plan. Even if they don’t follow it strictly, it serves as a great guide to showcase what a healthy day/week of eating looks like, as well as gives recipe ideas.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
I like how you can select from various different health conditions as a starting point, then customize it to exactly meet your clients needs. It has made meal planning so much easier and very user friendly. Meal planning takes a lot of time and attention to detail, but luckily EatLove takes all the stress away. I love how clients can go in and swap out meals that still fit the nutrition prescription you recommended. Also, the support from the EatLove team is amazing!
- What’s your favorite food? Pizza! I also love fruit and smoothie bowls.
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Veggie Stir-fry — I almost always have brown rice, frozen mixed veggies, and edamame on hand.
- Food philosophy? My food philosophy is balance and consistency. Let’s enjoy life so much that we want to live (in good health!) until we are 100 (that’s my goal, at least!). We are all unique as are all of our diets.
Get in touch with Ryann:
Facebook: Ryann Kipping, RDN
LinkedIn: Ryann Kipping, RDN