RD Spotlight: Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD
Meet Cindy Dallow and follow her story as she shares on how she uses EatLove PRO for both triathletes and women.
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove PRO in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
I have two separate niches that I use EatLove with in my practice. The first one is with endurance athletes (mainly triathletes) and the second one is with women who are wanting to eat healthier without dieting. In both cases, EatLove provides my clients with ideas on how they can eat “healthy” without sacrificing taste and variety. They learn what types of meals they can have within their nutrition prescription and how to prepare those meals. This is how change happens; when clients actually experience what we are recommending for them!
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
Helping people learn to enjoy good food and prepare healthy meals.
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
When meal-planning is simplified for people, they are much more likely to do it and enjoy it. They are much less likely to fall prey to fad diets that involve buying special pre-packaged food. So I use it to help people see they can have real food (and food they love) without resorting to fast food or pre-packaged meals.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove PRO? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
My favorite part of EatLove is how easy it is to create a nutrition prescription for people and get them their first set of meal plans!
- What’s your favorite food? Homemade pizza
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Mexican Crunch Wraps
- Food philosophy? Life is short, eat what you want and savor each bite