RD Spotlight: Hailey Crean, MS, RD, CDE, CSOWM
Meet Hailey Crean, founder of Hailey Crean Nutrition, LLC. She owns a private practice for metabolic syndrome and diabetes education and support & incorporates EatLove PRO into her packages!
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove PRO in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
My practice, Hailey Crean Nutrition, LLC, specializes in tele-nutrition for metabolic syndrome and diabetes education and support. My model focuses on removing some of the barriers of in-person nutrition counseling by offering virtual visits. Working with EatLove helps me to individualize meal plan suggestions for clients and allows them to access their plans any time with a personal login.
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
Our health as individuals is central and carries over to every aspect of our lives. I believe what we eat makes a difference in how we feel and in managing chronic conditions such as diabetes. As a Dietitian I value being able to help clients understand the connection between food choices and health goals.
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
Working with EatLove for meal planning helps me to tailor meal suggestions for clients with specific nutrient targets to help them achieve health-related goals. My clients then have access to their own login to the platform to see their weekly schedule, shopping list and thousands of recipes to search and swap. In my opinion, meal planning is not about me telling clients what they can eat each week but rather giving them the tools they need to successfully choose recipes, and plan to time to prepare those meals when it works best for them.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove PRO? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
I like that EatLove allows clients to “start where they are.” We can begin by focusing on just one meal a day, for example zeroing in on a plan for breakfast a few days a week. The EatLove platform makes it easy for clients to swap out meals to their liking however on the back end making sure that the recipes that populate still meet targets. In my experience, this leads to less counting and calculating on the client’s end and a greater feeling of control over the overall plan.
- What’s your favorite food? This is tough! Honestly, it tends to vary by season- in the summer I love fresh corn on the cob or a caprese salad. This time of year roasted vegetables and turkey chili are in frequent rotation.
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Sheet pan meals are current go-to for busy weeknights. This can be made even faster with pre cut veggies and one sheet pan means quick clean up after.
- Food philosophy? All foods fit!