RD Spotlight: Jo Travers BSc RD MBDA
Jo is a London dietitian working with clients in weight management or struggling with eating disorders.
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove PRO in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
I see a huge range of clients with differing — and sometimes complex — requirements and I use EatLove to take the hours and hours out of the meal planning. I specialize in weight management and eating disorders, both of these specialities require the clients to have trust in your advice.
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
Meeting people and making a positive difference to their lives. There’s nothing better than discharging a client!
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
A freelance dietitian has to offer meal plans as part of normal practice but because they are so time consuming I was only able to offer them to people who were coming to me in the clinic. Now I offer a meal-plan only service to people who just want a place to start.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove PRO? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
The number of foods people can choose not to eat makes a huge difference, as well as knowing the the recommendations all have an evidence-base behind them. It means I can spend my time on giving my clients the individual attention they need, rather than spending hours trying to figure out which meals will go where. I think my clients really appreciate the extra time they get to ask questions and be reassured. They also like the security of having a plan to follow.
- What’s your favorite food? Dal
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Fish fingers!
- Food philosophy? Enjoy it.