RD Spotlight: Jocelyn Dubin, MS, RD
Jocelyn is co-founder of NOURISH. NOURISH is located in Santa Cruz, CA with services including yoga classes, nutrition consultations, massage therapy, yoga teacher training, and a boutique of wellness products.
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove PRO in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
Everything I recommend to my patients is customized to the individual. A core principal of my nutrition private practice is: For every body, there is a different way of eating that works best. I use EatLove to create meal plans so that, when my patients leave my wellness center, they know exactly what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. EatLove has been a game changer and a major time saver for me.
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
My favorite part about being a registered dietitian is teaching people to use food as medicine!
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
I use meal planning to help my patients lose weight, control their blood sugar, diversify their diets if they have food allergies, and stay focused on healthy eating.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove PRO? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
Hands down my favorite feature of EatLove is how quickly and efficiently I can create meal plans for my patients. I also love the fact that the company is run by dietitians and features recipes by dietitians. EatLove is helping my clients to lose weight, reduce their blood sugar, get in the kitchen and cook, and diversify their meal options.
- What’s your favorite food? My favorite food is collard greens!
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Zoodles with homemade pesto
- Food philosophy? Food is medicine is we use if appropriately and can be poison if we use it inappropriately.