RD Spotlight: Lainey Younkin, MS, RD, LDN
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
My mission is to help women (and a few men!) get out of a dieting mentality and create healthy habits that last. We focus on small changes that are sustainable. Once one habit feels doable for the long-term and doesn’t feel like a diet or cause restriction, then we move on to the next. While I usually focus on helping the client make changes with the meals they’re already eating, sometimes people want more structure to reach their goals. This is where EatLove has been super helpful! People love a visual outline of what to eat and when. I also use it to give people meal ideas when they feel like they’re in a rut with cooking. Sometimes clients want exact nutrient calculations too and EatLove makes this so easy since it does it for you!
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
It sounds cliche to say changing people’s lives. But, for so many, their relationship with food has a huge impact on their life. It can take up a lot of brain space and cause a lot of stress. I love making healthy eating easy for people so they can use their brains for other things.
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
We usually make simple swaps at each meal, but if someone wants more structure or requests a meal plan, then I create a meal plan for them with EatLove.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
I love the visuals! Clients love seeing the meals outlined for a week. The swap feature is one of my favorites. It gives clients more ideas of healthy meals to make.
- What’s your favorite food? It’s too hard to pick a favorite, but I love cheese!
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Tacos!
- Food philosophy? Ditch diets, change habits.
Get in touch:
Facebook: Lainey Younkin Nutrition
LinkedIn: Lainey (Woodward) Younkin, MS, RD, LDN